Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNES reproduction Cartridges: BS Zelda, StarFox 2 etc..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll offer $50 for a Starfox 2, Blast. I don't need a box or anything either.

Comment

Originally posted by Max P. View Post
      They both appear to be the same people judging by the similarity in this bit:

These carts are professionally put together using state of the art equipment, these cartridges will last years to come! All the images below are of the actual carts
      playing on my TV and snes. Extensive quality control has been taken during the development cycle. (battery life tests, component longevity data
      retention tests, and other quality control tests) I stand behind the quality of these reproductions. Customer satisfaction is my #1 priority!
      It's definitely not the same person, the NES guy is in Canada, and the SNES guy is in Europe, it would seem.

Comment

Hey Blast - any update? - can you make these for us?

Comment

blast is still waiting for his items to arrive, before he can confirm anything

Comment

That's right, I have however got myself a few Winter Gold FX carts, the best ones to use for Star Fox 2.

Just waiting for the eprom chips and burner now

Comment

Thanks for the update - please keep us updated.

Comment

I received my eprom burner and UV eraser today, so just waiting for the eprom chips to arrive.

Star Fox 2 and Star Ocean may take a little more time to make, as I am still learning how to solder wires onto such small pads.

My first game will probably be Nightmare Busters.

Comment

You should write an article for Retro Gamer and reproduction carts, with pics of you soldering stuff.

This topic is ****ing epic.

Comment

Just out of interest, what actually has to be done in order to convert a Seiken Densetsu 3 cart into Neill Corlett's English translation ROM?

Comment

Presumably the EEPROM has to be completely overwritten with an original ROM which has then been patched on PC.

Comment

Just recently picked up this Starfox 2 myself, Really professionally done

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                          Just recently picked up this Starfox 2 myself, Really professionally done

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4...rtrecords0.jpg
                          Where did you get the artwork for the box?

Comment

you transfer the information onto the eprom chips, which are brought new, by the eprom burner which is connected to the pc by usb, there is more to it, but i will leave that to blast to inform you about that

Comment

Little something I've been working on, thought I'd share the work in progress:

The artwork's not finished yet, and I'm also experimenting with different combinations of cardboards / papers to find the closest match to original boxes. The cracks along the edges are the result of a failed experiment :/

Also, my printer sucks so I'll probably do the final drafts at a copier place.

To do: need to retouch the logo by removing the original Japanese version behind it, modify a few colours and fonts, then sides / back cover. Also want to experiment with laser transfer foil to try and print the Nintendo seal in gold. Oh, and finally: get the actual game translated but that could be a way off yet.

I have to thank kogami on Digital Press for his original French boxart and a variety of useful links.

Comment

for my money, I reckon orange or mid green for the box colour would look great. I think that the amount of blue in the image itself makes it get lost a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X