Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNES reproduction Cartridges: BS Zelda, StarFox 2 etc..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the colour's not set yet. I don't know about orange, doesn't really fit the theme at all, and Secret of Mana 1 is already green. Going by the majority of SNES boxes, the base colour tends to be the dominant or pivotal colour in the artwork itself. I was trying for a lighter blue but as I said, my printer sucks. I think a lighter / sky blue could work though, would stay in keeping with the original Japanese boxart.

Comment

Originally posted by Blast Hardbody View Post
      I received my eprom burner and UV eraser today, so just waiting for the eprom chips to arrive.

Star Fox 2 and Star Ocean may take a little more time to make, as I am still learning how to solder wires onto such small pads.

My first game will probably be Nightmare Busters.
      What happened with this in the end, just out of curiosity?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilTheBadger View Post
        Little something I've been working on, thought I'd share the work in progress:

The artwork's not finished yet, and I'm also experimenting with different combinations of cardboards / papers to find the closest match to original boxes. The cracks along the edges are the result of a failed experiment :/

Also, my printer sucks so I'll probably do the final drafts at a copier place.

To do: need to retouch the logo by removing the original Japanese version behind it, modify a few colours and fonts, then sides / back cover. Also want to experiment with laser transfer foil to try and print the Nintendo seal in gold. Oh, and finally: get the actual game translated but that could be a way off yet.

I have to thank kogami on Digital Press for his original French boxart and a variety of useful links.
        bit of advice, back in the day I was finished artist in a ad agency... you need to score the folds with the back of a scalpel to get your perfect folds fella, no creases then

as for the card, get down to a decent repro store and see some different weight of card, shouldn't need to be that thick

Comment

Hmm Starfox2 and Secret of Mana 2 (NTSC) would be interesting...
          Last edited by MoFo2; 10-09-2009, 15:45.

Comment

I'd definitely buy Secret of Mana 2 PAL if the box and manual could be done too =)

Starfox 2 would be nice, but not as high a priority as SoM 2.

Comment

A bit of an old thread, just wondering if anyone did make any snes carts, or has some decent links for making one?

I've been thinking bout it on and off for years now, but info seems closely guarded still!

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by hellbelly View Post
                A bit of an old thread, just wondering if anyone did make any snes carts, or has some decent links for making one?

I've been thinking bout it on and off for years now, but info seems closely guarded still!

Pete

There's a chap in oz selling the likes of mario rpg and chrono trigger on pal format. His boxes and cart labels look pretty reasonable. He/she may be willing to share their wisdom. Worth a try....

Comment

Btw - that's a chap in oz on ebay!!

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post

Pete
                    +1

When I discovered we had an EEPROM burner at my place of work, I had grandiose visions of building a stack of repro SNES betas/hacks/translations. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a foolproof how-to guide anywhere

Comment

Working...
                    X