Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christopher Nolan's INCEPTION

Holy flirkin shmitt, 2010 Just got owned

Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Ken Watanabe, Tom Hardy, Tom Berenger, Ellen Page, Michael Caine

I hope its not just me who watched the hallway scene 17 times, it does not show alot yet but that cast and director and $200 million could be epic
    Last edited by dvdmike; 24-08-2009, 19:23.

ok now that's how you do a teaser. I'm officially interested. Ellen Page is the only downer (haven't liked any of the characters she's played) but other than that it's a great cast

Comment

I hope it's good. I think Nolan is OK but incredibly overrated. His films have really great bits in them, super segments, but the other bits of them feel cold and unmemorable, like great Sunday dinners heated up badly in a bad microwave, and served warm. None of the Batman films were brilliant overall, they had some *proper great bits*, but were long and arduous, if the truth be told.

And The Prestige was thoroughly arseholesque. Garbage.

Trouble with Nolan is, he stamps his "brand(tm)" all over his films, like everyone recognises it (???), and they all suffer because of it.

Comment

That looks awesome. Completely Matrix like but with Nolan and that great cast it should be a winner.

Comment

After hearing his next film was a Science Fiction epic I was expecting something akin to the James Cameron trailer, Avatar.

Like all of Nolan's work it was grounded in reality mixed with a very unique sense of something odd going on. Was that the planet moving sideways or something similar?

Either way, I've loved Nolan's Batman films and this trailer was not what I was expecting, so I'm even more intrested now.

Comment

'Music' in that trailer was ridiculous...

Comment

Yeah, sounded exactly the same as The Dark Knight.

Comment

I love the massive stage on gimble shots

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  Yeah, sounded exactly the same as The Dark Knight.
                  Exactly what I thought. Hans Zimmer wont be able to get away from that perfect tension building music.

Comment

Looks interesting. As long as it's better than that Dark Knight averageness, it'll be worth a punt.

Comment

Di Caprio does seem to make a lot of good choices with his films these days, I'll reckon this will be huge next year.

Comment

He's made some bad choices. He was one of the biggest reasons Gangs of New York wasn't quite a classic (horribly miscast, you couldn't get behind his character at all).

Comment

Agreed and I didnt like catch me if you can either but Departed, Body of lies and that other film with Kate Winslet gives me hope he's seen something in the script that means this movie will be something new.

I admit right now that it just looks heavily warshowski/Matrix influenced.

Comment

New trailer went up today and it still looks absolutely amazing.

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

Comment

Its looking fantastic and its got an awesome cast, Nolan is on an amazing run of great films.

Comment

Working...
                              X