Upcoming Events.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upcoming Events.

A wee thread to spark some inspiration or drive some more talk around here. Slow going recently.

Post an interesting event that you'll either be attending or would like to attend.

Alejandro Jodorowsky's ?Dune?: An exhibition of a film of a book that never was takes as its departure point the cult Chilean filmmaker Alejandro Jodorowsky?s attempted 1976 adaptation of Frank Herbert?s classic science fiction novel ?Dune?.

This exhibition includes production drawings made by Moebius, H.R Giger and Chris Foss alongside commissioned work made in response by three international contemporary artists Steven Claydon, Matthew Day Jackson and Vidya Gastaldon.

17 September ? 25 October 2009,The Drawing Room, London (Hackney).
    Then tours to Plymouth Arts Centre 3 April ? 16 May 2010.

More info here, pics (Chris Foss) and pics (Moebius).

Via Super Punch.

Im going the Clothes Show Live in Birmingham this December. The event is somewhat smaller than in the earlier years, and it tends to cater more for woman than men, but catwalk shows are nice, and the event tends to focus more on upcoming design from students, than big international names.

I understand that the majority of you guys won't be interested in such materialistic pap, so i'll jus bash spatial to make this post less redundant.........

I reckon spatial can't wait to strut his stuff on that catwalk - something along the lines of 'everyday is a fashion event, and the world is his runway'

Last edited by 112; 23-09-2009, 11:10.

Comment

NFL International @ Wembley 25/10/09

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Third trip to the UK for the NFL for a regular season game.
      This year it's New England @ Tampa Bay

Got my tickets early this year & am well up for it.
      Been to the last 2 & both have been awesome.
      Looking for a Tampa Bay win as NE are in the same division as my brothers beloved Dolphins.
      Will be a good contest...so far NE are looking a bit shaky, Brady is still looking cuatious due to his knee & Tampa are off to a fairly bad 0-2 start so expect this one to be fairly hard fought.

Cant wait.

Neil

Comment

It's while off obviously, but it's the 40th Anniversary of Glastonbury next year and Michael Eavis has promised a special festival. Tickets are on sale 4th October and will no doubt sell out in minutes.

Comment

Grand Designs Live

The award winning event for design and inspiration for your home returns to NEC Birmingham this October. With lots in store for this year's show including new features and plenty of exciting exhibitors.
          I've booked tickets as a surprise for my wife, but I'm keeping her well away from that George Clarke. Oh and even Kevin McCloud. She'll be in 7th heaven if Phil Spencer's there too.

I'm just hoping Sarah Beany's there...

Comment

I've got a tonne coming up, mostly stand up comedy sort of affairs.

Kevin Smith at the o2 (can't wait!!), Jimmy Carr at Cardiff Millennium Centre (front row), and Alan Cochrum.

Got tickets to just one gig at the moment which is quite rare for me as I normally have a few lined up. However, its a goodun - Rise Against. They were epic headlining the Lock Up stage at Reading so their own show should be great.

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot I've got tickets to see Russel Kane at the Palace Theatre in Southend for November 25th

Russell Kane (russell_kane)'s profile on Myspace, the place where people come to connect, discover, and share.

Loved his performance on Live at the Apollo & being a local Southend lad seemed only right to support him at home as well.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                I reckon spatial can't wait to strut his stuff on that catwalk
                Sadly when your ass is this fat, the only runway it'll fit down is Heathrow!

Comment

Oh and speaking of upcoming events...

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Forget your Jackson tribute concert, this guy is the King of Pop(e).

Comment

Me and the misses are heading to the Eurogamer Expo in October and we are also going to see nerdcore rapper MC Lars in Leicester in October as well.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Grand Designs Live

I've booked tickets as a surprise for my wife, but I'm keeping her well away from that George Clarke. Oh and even Kevin McCloud. She'll be in 7th heaven if Phil Spencer's there too.

I'm just hoping Sarah Beany's there...

mmm,she'll prolly be pregnant tho...again

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                        She will be if I have my way...

Erm... did I say that out loud?!

Comment

We used to call her Sarah Booby in our house due to her lovely great big bazongas, but she has since been renamed Sarah Baby, due to her perma-pregnant state!

It's not an event in a big arena or anything (that would just be weird!), but my wife is due to give birth to our first-born child at some point around October 14th 2009, so that's a pretty big and exciting event for me and her! Needless to say, this is an invitation only event, and if your name's not Dan, you're not coming in (see what I did there )! Also, your surname has to be Goodfellow and it has to be me

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post

She is, someone I know saw her in London last week.

Comment

This is the only upcoming event I would be excited about:

but I mis-timed my trip to old London town by a month.....damn

On the other hand I did get to go to Le Gavroche, Corrigans, Locanda Locatelli and Boundary - not bad for a 10 day trip!!

Comment

Working...
                              X