No announcement yet.

Roller Coasters, Rides and Theme Parks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a simple use but Disneyland is now using X-Wing drones as part of the area:

Looks simple but these are big up close

And the new Rise of the Resistance ride, mix of video and top end animatronics is insane here:

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 09-12-2019, 00:42.

Comment

Arghhh I wanna go on it so bad! I won't be watching the POV as I don't want spoilers (even though I have no planned trip to LA or Florida).

Love the X-Wing drones. Cool idea.

Super Nintendo World is due to open at the Osaka Universal Studios in Spring of next year - a construction shot here next to a render from a Universal Studios Japan fan account...

Really interested to see how it turns out. The flagship ride will by all accounts be a Mario Kart dark ride that uses the same trackless technology as the Spider-Man ride (one of the best rides I've ever been on anywhere, honestly).

Comment

Plans begin to cement for the planned UK theme part - The London Resort

First - if you're not a Disney Park I don't know why you need a Castle

Second, the planned six park areas are:

-The Isles
        -The Kingdom
        -The Jungle
        -The Woods
        -The Studio
        -Starport

Adding to that cheap Disneyland knock off air the project has.

On course for a 2024 opening. I want to go, feels like a real opportunity to say 'I was there' when it potentially closes a few years later and ends up like Blobbyland.

Comment

Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and say this is never gonna happen. Feels like they've been talking about it for donkey's years. The design of it just looks bad, too.

Comment

Some of the more extreme Water Slides

Comment

Universals Mario World is ready:

Comment

That looks really cool. Hugely curious to see what the Mario Kart trackless ride is like.

Comment

After years of criticism regarding its being based on the controversial film “Song of the South,” Disneyland’s iconic Splash Mountain ride will be retooled and change itself to be based on the 2009 hit “The Princess and the Frog”. Disney revealed that the story for the attraction will pick up after the film’s final kiss […]

The protests were what it took for Disney to finally acknowledge the dislike that Splash Mountains reliance on Song of the South material brings was an issue worth acting on but they got there. Splash Mountain is to be shut down and rethemed to be based around The Princess and the Frog.

Despite the issues I'll miss the old version to some extent as it was a great ride from start to finish but ultimately it never made sense for such an old, out of distribution film to still get that big a ride focus these days even without its issues and the actual ride experience will remain the same. The choice of film to use as a basis is brilliant though, both as a response to the issues but also because the themeing should make for absolutely perfect material for it.

Comment

I never had a clue what the ride referenced but it was about my favourite ride at Disney World.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                      I never had a clue what the ride referenced but it was about my favourite ride at Disney World.
                      It loosely referenced the story of Br'er Rabbit, which was a big part of Song of the South.

This is obviously a thought-out move for Disney; it both removes something which is seen as problematicand prominently features a black princess.

Comment

I had no idea, but sounds like a good plan to change it.

Comment

It's brilliant though. The songs, the animals, the length of the ride. All a very pleasant surprise. Yeah, I learned later that it was from a racist film but making it a Princess and the Frog ride will change it completely. I'm not actually upset by it, just a little confused btw!! You can watch the whole thing on youtube so it wont be missed

Comment

It’s a brilliant ride, that tells a good story of Brer Rabbit and friends. But having one of your most prominent rides based on a film that even well before BLM, Disney felt was racist and didn’t promote, is kinda weird. Although it’s worth noting that I don’t think the ride actually featured any human characters, just the animal ones.

Princess and the Frog is a good choice for obvious reasons, but I do think it’s a shame - kinda unrelated point this - that Disney don’t really do ‘original’ ride properties any more. The rides are always based on something pre-existing.

Comment

I'm sad that we now won't get to see the Brer Rabbit original now, we just had to cancel our honeymoon today

Comment

Defunctland launches a VR version of Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea old ride

Comment

Working...
                                X