Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movember

Originally posted by The Movember Website
    Movember is an annual, month-long celebration of the moustache, highlighting men?s health issues, specifically prostate cancer.

Mo Bros, supported by their Mo Sistas, start Movember (November 1st) clean shaven and then have the remainder of the month to grow and groom their moustache. During Movember, each Mo Bro effectively becomes a walking billboard for men?s health and, via their Mo, raises essential funds and awareness for Movember?s men?s health partner ? The Prostate Cancer Charity.
    One of the guys at my work heard about this and a few of us have signed up. Basically the idea is to grow a moustache during November to raise funds and awareness about men's health issues, especially prostate cancer.

I thought it would be pretty cool to set up an NTSC-UK team if any of you are interested. If you can't / don't want to take part then any sponsorship money you can spare would be very much appreciated.

Anyway, in preparation, here's my "before" picture.
    Me_001.jpg

So, if you fancy it, post here - prefarably with a "before" photo and if we get a few people I will set up an NTSC-UK team which people will be able to join / donate to. Money for charity PLUS facial hair, does it get any better than this?!

http://uk.movember.com for more info

dude, you actually look like your avatar........ uncanny!

Comment

Someone else has already tried to recruit me for this, but as I already sport a stash/beard combo I don't think I'm eligible

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
        Someone else has already tried to recruit me for this, but as I already sport a stash/beard combo I don't think I'm eligible
        Not willing to start fresh with a clean shave?

Comment

I shaved mine off a few weeks back, didn't realise there was a reason to keep it! I shaved this morning too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
            Not willing to start fresh with a clean shave?
            Agreed. Why not shave it off and grow a new style for Movember?

Originally posted by PeteJ
            I shaved mine off a few weeks back, didn't realise there was a reason to keep it! I shaved this morning too.
            The idea is to start the month clean-shaven and grow from the 1st.

Comment

ok, so none of you guys want to take part, but please please please it would be great if any of you could sponsor me. All money goes to The Prostate Cancer Charity and I will be posting updates to my page as I go along.

Unite to take on mental health, suicide, prostate cancer and testicular cancer.

Any sponsorship will be very appreciated

Thanks

Comment

This is massive in Australia... I've actually done it for the past three years but I am giving it a break this year and just donating.

The after-party is always menthol!

Comment

Few of my mates are doing this, I would take part but i'm currently sporting a massive hobo beard and dont want to start from scratch again

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                    This is massive in Australia... I've actually done it for the past three years but I am giving it a break this year and just donating.

The after-party is always menthol!
                    Yeah, guy from my work just came back from Australia and said he met lots of people doing it.

Me a week in...
                    Me_002.jpg

Comment

Last Day... I'm going to miss it Still, there's always next year
                      Movember Last Day.jpg

Comment

Without the tash you look like Mika. With it you look like Serj from System of a Down! Keep it!!

Comment

lol, someone at work found this picture of Grant Heslov in "Licence to Drive". not quite sure how he found it!

Comment

It's that time again!

It's Movember and time to make a difference! My commitment is to grow a moustache for the month of November and in doing so, raise vital awareness and funds for mens health including prostate and testicular cancer whilst looking manly and sophisticated at the same time.

I am asking for your support by making a donation online at: http://mobro.co/davesoloway. Every little contribution helps Movember to continue its funding of world class programmes.

To highlight the importance of what I am doing, take a look at these statistics:
                            • 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
                            • This year 40,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed in the UK
                            • 47% of testicular cancer cases occur in men under 35 years and over 90% occur in men under 55 years

Thank you in advance for supporting my efforts to change the face of men's health.

Dave

Comment

donation made Dave - great work!

come on guys, show him lots of support.

Comment

Working...
                              X