Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse

It’s official – Sony Pictures has set an April 8th 2022 release date for a sequel to “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse”. The film’s producer Chris Miller confirmed the news on his Twitter account just minutes ago. Miller and cohort Phil Lord are expected to return for the follow-up to last year’s Oscar-winning and highly acclaimed […]

Nothing really new to add at the moment but apparently new information is expected soon on the sequel that also aims to expand the hit film into its own little Cinematic Universe via spin-offs that will follow quickly from this films 2022 release. Will Sony have a major hit again or will we see a Lego style decline in popularity?
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 13-06-2023, 06:16.

2022 tells you just how much effort has to go into making these films.

Comment

They’ll put off the work until the day before release and then have to pull an all-nighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        They’ll put off the work until the day before release and then have to pull an all-nighter.
        I can't help but feel that's a confession...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I can't help but feel that's a confession...
          Maybe a little...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            http://www.darkhorizons.com/spider-v...or-april-2022/

Nothing really new to add at the moment but apparently new information is expected soon on the sequel that also aims to expand the hit film into its own little Cinematic Universe via spin-offs that will follow quickly from this films 2022 release. Will Sony have a major hit again or will we see a Lego style decline in popularity?
            FFS lol. This is like when they tried to make Ghostbusters and the Mummy into 'Cinematic Universes'.

Just making some sequels and spinoffs isn't making a Cinematic Universe.

(not a go at you SF, but the idea of this being a CU now)

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Just making some sequels and spinoffs isn't making a Cinematic Universe.
              Yep.

To be fair, the article doesn't say that. It's SF/NI (norn iron) who has the obsession with CUs!

Comment

Panic not! The plan for spin-offs etc came from back when the first film hit. The first of them seems to be a Gwen focused one potentially. I recall talk of a TV series too but I'm not sure if Sony intends that to be connected or not.

I think with Sony the default view they take is always with a 'CU' of sort in mind as they're so desperate for a hit franchise that anything that remotely sticks they roll into production on a thousand tie-ins. Like Disney and their live action remakes though Sony rarely has any joy with a sequel so they abandon those plans again all the time too.

Comment

I understand if it takes them four years to produce an equally great sequel but I'd have thought they'd want to get production underway and this out to cinemagoers within 2.5-3 years maximum (I'm surprised Sony is that patient tbh). If it takes that long to produce another high-quality film though that's brilliant beginning to end I'll get back in my corner and ask the animation studio to take the time they need to make another great Spiderverse film.

Comment

I'm hoping that the reason they're taking so long is that they've timed the project around Lord and Millers availability rather than reduce their involvement and end up with something watered down.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      I'm hoping that the reason they're taking so long is that they've timed the project around Lord and Millers availability rather than reduce their involvement and end up with something watered down.
                      It's because every frame takes ages to render.

Comment

Yep. The story process tends to take way longer on animated features too because it is way, way too costly to cut a scene down the line (it happens but they try to avoid it as much as possible). So animated films tend to go through lengthier storyboarding and now previz passes before even starting the animation - you could start quicker but end up costing a fortune in retakes and fixes.

Comment

Word on Twitter is that the Japanese Spider-Man will be in Spider-Verse 2. LEOPARDON! I haven’t checked sources in case it turns out to be a false rumour so I’m just enjoying the moment.

Comment

I wonder if Sony will go all out and have Tom Holland appear as they planned to in the first film. If they do they should literally go all out and have him be live action. Either that of Tobey Maguire because the series isn't legit until the Mag's is in it.

Comment

No. Nobody wants Tobey Maguire. Not even you deep down. This is a form of self-harm.

Comment

Working...
                              X