No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what he was playing. It could have been one of those Battle Royale games.

I don't think it was Tetris 99 though.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      Went on my bi-monthly cheapo gaming hunt yesterday, ended up spending about £18 on £1 games across a few formats, PS3/DS/Wii/OGXB.

A Polish copy of the 2012 Game Of Thrones game. Some American Civil War PS3 FPS I've never seen before (US release, very chuffed with it). Sniper Ghost Warrior. Sonic Unleashed on Wii. All a quid each. Very nearly a JP MGS4 with the cool packaging and phat manual. But they couldn't find the disc.

All the DS games were complete, as well. Nowt amazing but some quirky ones...Secret Files Tunguska/Tomb Raider Underworld/CSI Dark Motives/Cars 2/Dr Who: Evacuation Bowel...I mean Earth...quid a pop ya can't go wrong.

Two OGXbox flying games, Wings of War and Heroes of the Pacific. They had a nice-looking, complete Secret Weapons Over Normandy but I have that already so left it for someone else to find. Gotta leave the treasures for someone else to find. It's karmic. Not ALL the time, I'm not Jesus. Gah, if I saw two minty Panzer Dragoon Sagas sitting on a chazza shop rack I'd nab em both!

Blood Drive on PS3. Looks decent. A few more*. Have just installed GTAIV. Never owned it on PS3, in September it'll be a decade since I played thru n loved the 360 one.

I'm smiling at it, it's one of the most 'real-real' open worlders available, it feeeeels like it's a natural place much of the time. PS3 vers feels less sharp but more colourful and sugary, like a bag of zingy boiled sweets. That's a good thang. I'll be feelin it all again with sweet, different visuals.

Anyone know if allowing the 31mb update castrates the radio stations????

*Terminator Salvation/Iron Man 2/Sorcery/Kung Fu Rider (so I can dig out the Move) All PS3 btw.
      Love your bargain-bin runs!

I keep saying we should have a competition to see what £1 bargains can be found - no CEX/eBay/FB marketplace, just charity shops!

Best results from a tenner wins!

Comment

I traded my whole collection for some magic beans.I didn't catch the chap's name, but I'm guessing it's Jazz Funk.

Comment

It was his evil twin who sells rubbish, Fazz Junk.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Love your bargain-bin runs!

I keep saying we should have a competition to see what £1 bargains can be found - no CEX/eBay/FB marketplace, just charity shops!

Best results from a tenner wins!
            This is a great idea. I'd love to know what other peeps find. With a bit of hunting about, you can easily amass an armada of brilliant titles, often weird and wonderful stuff. And it's so *random* what you can find.

The randomness is my fave thing, the element of chance, luck. And when you find a game you've never ever seen before, it's fizzy tingles time. Saw one t'other week in British Heart Foundation. Some weird PS2 Midas skiing game, 99p, mint condition blue discer, complete.

I didn't buy it. Should have.

Don't know why. Sometimes you just don't care.

Comment

Start a thread, mate!

The JazzFunk Inaugural Bargain Bin Bonanza!

From now until the end of August, see who can get the best selection for no more than a tenner.
              I wish I had more time to amble around charity shops, though.

Comment

I follow a guy on twitter who does charity shop raids now and again and always finds amazing treasures. I have only ever found rubbish locally.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  I follow a guy on twitter who does charity shop raids now and again and always finds amazing treasures. I have only ever found rubbish locally.
                  Maybe you too will find some treasure if you partake in TJFIBBB?

Comment

TJFIBBB?
                    T.J. FiBBB is his stage name.

Comment

Comment

Riley: WAD. Arl owa.

Rachel, not Lisa.

Comment

I made it to Affiliate on Twitch in just over three weeks. People are even throwing money at me.

Who knows, I might even be able to afford a sub to the forum before long!

Comment

Take the train like normal people!

Comment

Start a thread, mate!

The JazzFunk Inaugural Bargain Bin Bonanza!

From now until the end of August, see who can get the best selection for no more than a tenner.
                              I wish I had more time to amble around charity shops, though.
                              I will mate, weekend or so when I next feel at least semi-resplendent, gotta get off these night shifts maaaaaan, kiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllliiiiiiiinnnngg meeeeeeeee. Well. Not me. My soul.

Comment

Lewis Capaldi's TV advert campaign for his new album. Genius.

Comment

Working...
                                X