Border Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Border Down

This game is out next month and I still don't understand what we have done to be given another DC release, why are been treated so nicely? Whenever a new DC game comes out now I get excited like a schoolgirl

i wasnt too bothered at first....but over the last few weeks i've become very interested, i cant wait to get hold of it now.
    i think a big part of the appeal is because its dreamcast too, if it was any other console i might not care so much.

Comment

i think i'll have to put my preorder in soon
      heard good reports from shooter fans in japan about this.
      a lot of horizontal shooters being released eh
      r type final and border down and by the time were bored of border down gradius 5 should hopefully be out

Comment

Got my Ltd Edition version of this on pre-order.

TBH i'm not a massive fan of shooters (i just wish my reactions were quick enough for mr to get the most out of them) but i do seem to do better at horizontal types than vertical...hence my love of all things Gradius. With that in mind i have reasonably high hopes for Border Down.

Does anyone know for definite what actually is extra with the Ltd. release?

Comment

Originally posted by vic_viper
          TBH i'm not a massive fan of shooters (i just wish my reactions were quick enough for mr to get the most out of them) but i do seem to do better at horizontal types than vertical...hence my love of all things Gradius. With that in mind i have reasonably high hopes for Border Down.
          ditto for me

Originally posted by vic_viper
          Does anyone know for definite what actually is extra with the Ltd. release?
          LE has different cover art and a soundtrack CD.
          Sega Direct LE has an additional case for the soundtrack CD.
          also, all Sega Direct orders (LE or normal) come with a Border Down mouse mat.

Comment

Ltd edition here too. Looking forward to it. I was extra excited after I saw the videos and how smooth it runs. DC forevah!!!!!11!!

Comment

The thing is, if this wasn't coming out on the DC I probarbly wouldn't be interested, but getting a new game for my DC seems special

Comment

LE pre-ordered here too. It's always nice to see a new DC game

Comment

I've seen the boxart for this, any screenshots or movies lurking about?

Time to play something other than Ikaruga on the ol DC.

Comment

where are you all pre-ordering this from? I am after the special editon version that includes the game, OST soundtrack and mouse mat. I have heard you can only get this set from Sega Direct, so play-asia and yesasia can't help me out.

Comment

I've ordered mine through a friend of a friend who lives in Japan.

It is up for preorder through www.videogameimports.com and venom743 on this forum is also taking preorders too.

Comment

I?m getting the regular edition.

Usually lovely to get hold of work that originates from the arcade. Hopefully a good to great shooter but the music samples was so-so.

The guys at NCS seem to like Border Down as they wrote a very long preview for it. They have probably played the PCB as they know so much about it. Anyway a good sign.

Comment

Could someone point me to movies of Border Down other than the official Sega ones (bd_101, bd_102, bd_105 from am-sega) because whenever I take a downstream on them the video runs at 1 frame every 30 sec. or so and windows media player says that there's net congestion responsible for this?

Comment

Originally posted by wazy15
                            where are you all pre-ordering this from? I am after the special editon version that includes the game, OST soundtrack and mouse mat. I have heard you can only get this set from Sega Direct, so play-asia and yesasia can't help me out.
                            Im sure i can help you out there. Ill be getting the games from Sega Direct so youll be getting the mousepad too. PM me for details.
                            On another note, i played this again today in the arcades and its a very good game IMO. Kinda like R-type but it seems faster and smoother. The border down game concept is also very good.

Comment

Originally posted by venom743
                              Originally posted by wazy15
                              Im sure i can help you out there. Ill be getting the games from Sega Direct so youll be getting the mousepad too. PM me for details.
                              On another note, i played this again today in the arcades and its a very good game IMO. Kinda like R-type but it seems faster and smoother. The border down game concept is also very good.
                              How much for the LE version?

Cheers

Quexex

Comment

Working...
                              X