ShopTo.Net - lost parcel trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ShopTo.Net - lost parcel trouble

i've ordered Forza 3 with Shopto.Net but the parcel never made it, and this despite being registered Roayal Mail. well, after waiting for 21 days i filed a lost parcel claim asking for a replacement to be sent out. i got a confirmation but after that nothing happened. this is 3 weeks ago. i've sent emails to support asking for a status update but got no response, even if i was using the site contact form. if i made the purchase with my credit card i wouldn't bother and just ask my credit card company for a refund. but unfortunately i paid using PayPal and i can't claim buyer protection since the item was not listed on eBay.

so what's wrong with ShopTo? any smart advice how to go on with them? many thanks in advance.

This happened to me, shop.to have the worst customer service I have ever come across. Their attitude stinks and they'll just ignore you. In the end I did a chargeback with my card but since that's not an option I'd say your best bet is to either keep harassing them and hope they come through or complain to Paypal about it.

Comment

You need to call them, it happened to me and once I called them they sent one the next working day.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post

so what's wrong with ShopTo?
        I'm in a ten page thread.

Comment

well, i already guessed this might not be the best shop around. but their prices are excellent and since they ship registered to Germany so i assumed it was safe anyway.

i have also posted this incident in their site forum, hoping that some staff maybe takes notice and responds.

i've just checked my order status, it says "credited (adress incomplete)" but i have neither got a replacement nor a refund to my paypal account yet. strange.

@jimmbob
          what happened?
          Last edited by Uli; 21-01-2010, 15:26.

Comment

A few people on here have complained of terrible customer service. I don't think the forum uses them as affiliates any more either.
            I think with Shopto it's a case of when they're good they're very good. Early releases, fast delivery. However when they're bad, they're very bad.
            A few people from here complained of getting PAL games, but not necessarily UK games.
            I used them a few times. Their site got attacked or something and I stopped. They also stopped taking customer complaints/queries on their forums.
            Last edited by jimmbob; 21-01-2010, 15:42.

Comment

The big thing with them is that they are cheap, but to be honest, if you are willing to shop around, they aren't that much cheaper than everywhere else nowadays.

"Address incomplete" sounds like they sent the parcel out without the proper address on it.

Comment

finally got a reply from Shopto support via PM on the site's forum however, they credited my order minus shipping fee (!) so i have to do a new order and pay on top to get my game.

Comment

I've only ever had one parcel lost from them and I filled out the online form and sent it back. what I didn't know is that unless you print the form off sign it and then scan / fax / post it back it sits in limbo. Just filling the form out online gets you nowhere I believe.

I only found out after phoning them chasing a credit for a lost parcel. Once I'd signed the form, scanned it and emailed it back I had a full credit within 3 days.

Comment

This is why The Hut/Zavvi are now the best place to order from. Cheap enough, reliable and no serious customer issues. YET.

Originally posted by jimmbob View Post
                    A few people on here have complained of terrible customer service. I don't think the forum uses them as affiliates any more either.
                    I think with Shopto it's a case of when they're good they're very good. Early releases, fast delivery. However when they're bad, they're very bad.
                    A few people from here complained of getting PAL games, but not necessarily UK games.
                    I used them a few times. Their site got attacked or something and I stopped. They also stopped taking customer complaints/queries on their forums.

Comment

ShopTo/TNT courier service.

This is how I received my package today.

The box is 3 times bigger than the game, but has no packing inside it.

Like, WTF!

By some stroke of fortune, the game survived without any damage.

Would like to use ShopTo again as I got a bargain, but after this incident, I'm reticent to do so.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Super Grover; 07-05-2010, 21:50.

Comment

Due to those reports (And the possibility that I myself was a victim) and the shocking customer service I received on the Wii I bought my daughters for Christmas last year I will NEVER user ShopTo again regardless of price.

Comment

Appreciate what you are saying.

Would like to say the same however, I know that if a very good deal comes up that possibly can't be found anywhere else, I'll probably cave and order (such as my purchase - Bioshock 2 Ltd Etd).

I'm weak.

Comment

being one of the first to preorder the GTA4 ltd edition then getting no information about them not having one set aside for me. I posted this on their forum that i wasnt happy, they deleted it so i decided to phone up and cancel. As soon as i said who i was, i was transfered to someone who came on the phone and completely lost their rag with me.

Usually i'd blow up as much as them and tell them where to go but i just burst out laughing and told them to take me off their accounts and never contact me again. They kept sending me loads of spam and eventually i cracked and their support got the most expletive-laden email ive ever sent by far.

I hate them and even the cheap TE stick couldnt get me to give them money ever again. Jesus the blood pressure is rising already <chill mode on>

Bri

Comment

Post the emails. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X