Knife to neck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife to neck...

Not a pleasant experience I can tell you.

Luckily i'm quite handy with my fists (in this case, my elbow) and also had a couple of drinks so couldn't really give a damn, i just wanted to get home - but now sitting here reflecting it is quite scary how close i actually was to having my throat sliced. What worries me more though, is the thought it could have been anyone walking at that precise point at that time and would have potentially come out a lot worse then me. What would have happened if I were with my girlfriend? What would have happened if someone less able were attacked? A very unpleasant thought.

I have a little scratch left on my neck where the knife was held, but the bastard was left on the floor with his face in a mess. And i don't say that with any sense of ego, it's just how it was.

The other scary thing is that this isn't the first time something like this has happened to me... A couple of years back after a night out i was walking home and some bugger jumped me. Luckily again I managed to deal with it without getting hurt myself, but what if it was someone else? Maybe self defense should become a standard within the school's curriculum!

So anyhoo! My question is, have any of you guys experienced or witness a mugging or attempting mug? Would be interesting to hear :-)
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Bloody hell Adam! Glad you're okay.

Sounds like you taught him enough of a lesson to make him seriously think twice about doing it again. Good for you.

Comment

Wow. Glad you're OK.

Did you just leave him on the ground, or did you call the police?

Comment

****!!

At least you're okay (if that's the correct term).

Did you get any sort of look at the guy? Might be worth going to the Police. If you messed the guy up bad enough he might have had to go to hospital which could make it easier to find him.

Although, it might get you in trouble as you're still walking about and he's a pulpy mess. I've seen enough TV to know that the wrong guy can sometimes wind up in trouble.

Me and two friends were jumped one Xmas Eve. We were walking home an these four complete douchebags tried to accuse my best mate (who had a girlfriend) of feeling up one of the guys brothers in a pub! They properly went at us (I recall bottles) and one of my mates got a couple of punches in before we decided to peg it. We all got split up and after I'd got home I couldn't reach either of them on their mobiles.

I got hold of them both the following morning - one mobile had been dropped an the other had a dead battery - but I have never been so scared in all my life!!

Comment

Glad you're OK, I'd go to the police with a description if possible. I know of someone who has done time for doing the same thing. Christ whats with people.

Comment

Sadly it all happened so suddenly, quickly and so unexpectedly I didn't really have any time to think. I didn't get a look at him as a whole - only his eyes. He was obviously quite insane. Everything kinda went black for a moment, and then he was on the floor collapsed in a heap, completely out cold with blood gushing from his nose. The funny thing is all i could think about was finding the misses because she had walked off in a sulk because apparently i hadn't been giving her enough attention that evening! God damn women.

Thank you guys by the way. I'm alright, just glad it didn't happen to any other poor sod.

As for the police, I really don't want to waste my time to be perfectly blunt. As spats says, hopefully the bugger got his lesson and won't be doing that again.

Mr. Teddy, sounds like you guys had a rough night! The thing that always worries me most is what happens to my friends. I'm not too fussed what happens to me, but if someone i care about is in danger that's when things truly get worrying and very very serious. Glad you were alright though :-)
            Last edited by Adam Stone; 24-01-2010, 17:30.

Comment

I wish I was hard.

Comment

Ha, all you need is to wear trousers that don't require a belt... and then if anything ever happens just whip that belt out and use it with all your might! Just make sure your trousers aren't a size too big though, the last thing you want is to be left sending there with your pants on show :-)

Comment

rolled up newspapers and magazines make good makeshift weapons too, and the police can't make out like you were carrying a weapon around with you.

Comment

Umbrellas are the best i think, especially the ones with the metal spiky ends...

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                      rolled up newspapers and magazines make good makeshift weapons too, and the police can't make out like you were carrying a weapon around with you.
                      If you're being attacked by a stray yorkshire terrier, or a fly, maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
                        Maybe self defense should become a standard within the school's curriculum!
                        My school actually offered it instead of P.E, but for some reason most considered it uncool (maybe they thought it meant admitting you "needed help" defending yourself?). Think only about 10 of us were interested in the end and it was only six or so lessons, so it wasn't massively useful.

Comment

Glad to see you OK Adam. Also glad you gave that scumbag a good kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                            If you're being attacked by a stray yorkshire terrier, or a fly, maybe
                            maybe if you wanted to kill the dog...

Comment

anything with chelsea as a prefix to the name is always awesome

Glad youre alright adam

Comment

Working...
                              X