Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man with a Van! Or advice..

Hi Guys...

I'm looking for a man with a van in the Midlands/Coventry or advice on where to hire one...(I don't drive)

Basically, have a bit of stuff in Coventry that needs to get to South Wales (its around 2 hours away) from Coventry.

Its mainly bits and bobs but I do have a 50" HDTV that needs to come and the stand.

Thanks.

Can't help you, but I know a particularly cheap duck with a truck, or a really reliable goat with a boat.

Comment

As featured by the BBC, Sunday Times & Daily Telegraph. Hassle free courier services with Shiply. Save time and money when customer rated courier companies compete for your work.

Comment

Can't you just rent a van in Cov and drop it off in Wales? You can get a smaller one for about £50.

Comment

Local newspapers, Thompsons, yellow pages and cards in corner shops often advertise Man & Vans. I'd suggest looking there TBH.

Comment

Men with ven?

Comment

I live in Aldridge, near Walsall in the West Midlands and I used Senior to move a load of my wife's belongings when she moved up from London to live with me.

They were pretty good, but I'm not sure if they do a one-way service.

Comment

Check on gumtree.
                Not sure whether it's too London-centric but it's always come up good for me.

Comment

Thank you all...

Comment

Originally posted by Powerstar View Post
                    Can't help you, but I know a particularly cheap duck with a truck, or a really reliable goat with a boat.
                    you can't get from coventry to wales by boat! what you need is a Great Dane with a Train.
                    Last edited by davesol; 28-01-2010, 03:47.

Comment

Guys...how much would a courier service charge me for a 'big stand' (For the TV) and a 50" HDTV from Coventry to Porthcawl...(140 miles)

Just weighing up options on a tight budget.

Comment

Why don't you phone them and ask? :P

Comment

I've used these before for windsurf boards (big and bulky!). They contract the work out so you might get a man with a van or a known like TNT.

They are cheap, I'd guess at around ?15 but will the delivery be well packed?

Comment

Working...
                          X