Malaria tablets(?)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malaria tablets(?)...

I'm off to Malaysia next week to see teh Mrs. and as part of my trip wee're going to Thailand for a few days.

I have my jab sorted although the doctor no longer prescribes Malaria tablets, I'm online looking to buy some and the cheapest ones I can find start at ?75 for a two week coursde.

Surely I can get these cheaper? Do I even need them?

Cheers.

The nurse should have been able advise you about the need for malaria tablets when yiu went for your jag. If you are mainly staying in cities it shouldn't be much of problem. If you are travelling around on public transport and into rural areas I'd be careful.
    I was about £60 for malaria tablets last time I used them a few years ago.
    Be careful if you are taking them as some if the side effects are a bit disconcerting. I wasn't bothered by them but my good lady was getting numb arms and lightheaded for the first few days of her course.

Comment

Have been to Malaysia many times and never had to take malaria tablets (only recommended if you are going into the deep jungle areas).

Comment

Aye, f**k 'em. I'm going without. I've looked on the map and I should be safe where I'm going. The only area of slight concern will be the mountain Elephant Safari in Phuket.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
        X