Have you ever had your car broken into?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever had your car broken into?

Just found out my car, parked on the drive of my house was broken into last night. Somehow they got in through the door (possible because i didn't lock it as that's the only explanation i can come up with) and empted out the glove box and found my sat nav (i stupidly left in from the night before), yet left it on the seat along with the other rubbish they pulled out. Nothing was broken or stolen which is extremely odd.

They also broke into a bmw next door but smashed the back and side windows on that. Maybe i was lucky that the car could have been unlocked and thats why i didn't have any smashed windows. Really annoys me though, if they had stolen anything they'd probably have sold it on for a tenner. Im just annoyed someone has been in my car but glad nothing was taken or broken even if it does leave me puzzled as to why get inside the car in the first place.

Don't think i'll bother calling the police, would be a waste of time for me to call them and i know they wouldn't do anything, not that there is anything to do with my car.

I feel your pain.

I have had my car broken into a couple of times. Both times I'd stupidly left something of value on show (which I had forgotten about) which was stolen. I phoned the police so the statistic was reported, but in both cases they didn't do anything.

Sorry to hear about that mate.

Comment

Not entirely related but some little **** sponge has scratched my car again this week.

It got done last summer on the bonnet and boot and I managed to get those out quite well (Maguires Scratch X 2.0 if you ever need to get marks out that aren't too deep - it's miracle stuff) but I went to go in the boot earlier this week and there's more now. Pretty much the same place as before on the boot too, which suggests it's the same person as before.

Catch the little ****er I ought to, I'll put some scratches on them

Comment

So they didn't break or steal anything, just had a bit of a root around? Sounds like you were lucky.

Comment

It's **** living in a society where pricks do that and get away with it. Here in Japan most cars have a Navi system and NONE are taken out for the night. That's the way it should be. Japan has many problems and Japanese in general area pain in the arse but at least personal belongings are safe in your car.

Yakumo

Comment

There's a serious lack of respect for people's property these days. Hasn't happened to me yet, but I would be seriously pissed off if I came out one morning to find some scrote had keyed my car. God help me if I caught them in the act aswell, would probably end up doing something I regret. Still, I'm on the waiting list for a garage nearby (second in line apparently), so hopefully won't have to worry about that happening for much longer. Until then, I keep a watchful eye over my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
              So they didn't break or steal anything, just had a bit of a root around? Sounds like you were lucky.
              Maybe paranoia but I'd be checking they hadn't hid drugs or something in there, maybe they know how to get into that car and are stashing them there!

A bit unlikely, but it just strikes me as incredibly odd they got in, found a sat nav and yet took nothing! The worst thieves in history!

Comment

I think i got away lucky. Next doors car had the windows smashed in but again nothing was stolen even though cds and other things were pulled out. So they got into two cars (one with more force) yet didn't steal a thing. It really is odd, even if they were startled they'd grab stuff and run i'd have thought.

Comment

You should report it, or it just makes it looks like the government have improved the crime rate.

Comment

Reporting it also increases your insurance for you and your neighbours .

Sounds like they were disturbed while doing the 2nd car and planned on coming back to yours to pick up the sat nav because it was already opened.

Edit: I really sound as if I know what Im talking about here lol i dont honest ...

Comment

I've had the passenger window smashed and the the door frame wrenched and bent out of shape, so the thieving gits could try and remove the CD player unit.

Also, on Christmas eve someone ran into my car during the night and gouged a large slit in the bodywork. Obviously they didn't leave any insurance details. That was a lovely surprise on Christmas day.

Comment

Christmas Eve - had to get a few extras from town so drove down parked up in a bay with plenty of space either side of my car, returned then went to Tesco to get the booze and low and behold I notice my left front wing has been crunched by someone who obviously can't drive.

I was livid but have you ever sat in a car park waiting to pick someone up and witnessed how shockingly bad some drivers are?

Scary stuff.

Comment

I found out someone had broken into my car the day I was going on holiday. They broke in and by leaving the lights on managed to totally knacker the battery so we had no choice but to buy one from the RAC man who came round. They also robbed the stereo and the ipod my wife left in the glove compartment.

Comment

I reckon perp A was rummaging through your stuff before perp B smashed the window of the BMW which made A panick and get out of there dragging B along with him, i'm assuming these were teenagers too. can't think of any other reason they'd leave your sat nav.

My first car got broken into, i'd stupidly left the head unit for the stereo in there, so they'd taken that then proceeded to smash the main unit in with i'm guessing a screwdiver, ruining it completely, I was annoyed but the car was a proper banger and the cd player was ****e anyway, got rid of it soon after.

On the off-topic note, I was coming back to my car the other day in the shopping centre car park as someone in a shogun was reverse parking into the spot next to me, anyway he was in by the time i got there and as i approached the wife gets out of the passenger side and brazenly opens her door onto mine, i looked at her, pointed at it and said 'thats my car that', to which there was no response, no apology, she just looked at me with a blank expression on her face then walks of and mumbles something to her fella before they both walk off as if nothing happened, him looking back at me. there was only a little scratch but thats not the point, and i dont mind admitting it but i 'accidently' opened my door a bit too forcefully and put a nice little scratch on theirs, eye for an eye in this case,

Comment

Not sure what car you drive and if it's similar but could it be they were looking for your neighbours car to start with?

If they didn't k'nick your stuff but smashed his windows, could it be that they confused your car for his, found it open and we're going to do something nasty but realised their mistake? They then smashed his windows and made off.

If they didn't nick anything from the neighbours car, then it could be they've pissed off someone and they were`sending a message`.

Possibly.

Who knows how the minds of these bottom feeders actually work.
                              Last edited by Spatial; 24-02-2010, 18:55.

Comment

Working...
                              X