Ice Hockey Final on BBC 2 - USA vs Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice Hockey Final on BBC 2 - USA vs Canada

Anyone else watching? Very even game, 2-2 and going into overtime. Sudden death for the gold, eek!

Watch it live here

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Was good. Havent seen any quality Hockey for a few yrs now.Not as exciting as it couldve been but we are talking the final & teams dont wanna take risks just want to play it safe. Amazing 2nd goal from the Yanks in the last 30 odd secs.

Wasnt really rooting for anyone just nice to see an evenly matched game, but Canada always looked like being slightly stronger.

Comment

Watched it in a bar in downtown Toronto (have been here 5 weeks now) and the atmosphere was, as you may imagine, incredible. wasn't as good a game as the canada / russia quarter final and at 24 seconds away from winning gold when the usa equalised i've never seen so many people go so quiet but a great finish to the match.

Comment

Living close to the "Red Mile" in Calgary (~17th Ave SW) I can say this:
        If I have to spend the whole night listening to people honk their car horns and shout I'm going to start busting some skulls.

Comment

I liked who they had in the studio to discuss the match between periods, a middle distance runner and a rower plus a lady who has watched some NHL and said 'I'm no expert'.

Don't think we can laugh at US football coverage now.

Comment

The coverage was cringeworthy. Plenty of players from Canada and the US playing or coaching hockey in the UK. They could of cut to a studio here with one or two US/Canadian players with a presenter.

Pinsent is a legend but like the others they look out of their depth covering a sport which you can tell they are not interested in or even understand.

Comment

The coverage was pants but I enjoyed the game and the whole sense of occasion. Crosby scoring the winning goal was a proper fairytale finish.

Comment

Tough for the BBC though, they have to stick to quite a fixed budget for covering the Olympics, only allowed a certain number of presenters and pundits etc... for the whole thing. So they chose to go with putting their hockey experts as the commentators rather than have pundits in studio. Did get the impression that most of the BBC crew had already buggered off home though after the alpine stuff finished the day before...

Comment

It's the only time I've wanted America to win in any sport ever. So it was nailed on that Canada would win.

It was also nailed on that the spotty faced little puke Crosby would score the game winner. He's been gash for most of the tournament, pointless for the previous two games, and was pretty terrible last night, missing a one-on-one. Being a class act though, it just had to be him. Crosby, the Andreas Moller of ice hockey.

The USA were good value all tournament though. Miller and Kane were phenomenal, Parise was excellent, and they've got a bright future ahead of them. I'd say that they deserved to win based on the 2nd and 3rd, but you just knew the Canadians would sneak it.

Not that I don't like Canadian players - Richards, Toews, Nash, all had great games. I just wanted the underdog to win, who'd been great all tournament.
                  Last edited by prinnysquad; 01-03-2010, 19:03.

Comment

Only saw the first period but enjoyed it. I thought the Canadian commentator was incredibly annoying, WTF was he on about? Much preferred the English guy. Why are all North American sports commentators ****?

Comment

Jim Hughson is alright in the West.

The Buffalo Sabres also have an amusing commentator, called Rick Jeanneret. A really excitable douchebag who screams 'sccccccooooorrrrreeeessssss' in a really bizarre fashion. Check this out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mov9...eature=related

Comment

All my friends an family from all over the place in Canada were going crazy for this........ The atmosphere must have been amazing during the game......

Comment

Working...
                        X