Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Corey Haim

Crikey, aged 38... RIP.

Tbh i'm surprised it hadn't happened earlier, poor lad.

He must've been pretty messed up being in the shadow of the successful Corey, if you look at Haim's career he was in very few movie of note, I don't understand why he was heralded as a lord of the 80's.

RIP though.

Comment

Suprised by news of this. He was fairly young. I Remember watching Licence to Drive and Lost Boys back in the day, though that was quite a while ago.

RIP

Comment

I just watched The Lost Boys for about the 20th time or so the other night.

Shame it's often the way of the child star.

R.I.P.

Comment

Too much, too young perhaps?

Comment

Burn rubber does not mean warp speed.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Bit of a shocker, the guy was a pretty talented actor back in the day, and was in some decent flicks.

However, it was common knowledge he was messed up through drug use. It effectively put paid to his career a long time ago. Seems he never did get away from the need for drugs, prescription or not.

Comment

Damn, sad news......... Whenever I see his movies from teh 80s it takes me back to when I was a kid, and random fond memories come flooding back............

Can never forget his high pitched teenage voice, whenever he screeched in them 80s movies.........

Comment

Just saw this on TMZ, sad news, Lost Boys was a classic but I remember him mostly from Double Switch on the Mega CD, so many celebs passing due to drug overdoses.

Comment

Bummer, I love Lost Boys.

(That sounds wrong)

Comment

Another piece of my childhood gone. Poor lad.

Comment

Originally posted by GMass View Post
                        Another piece of my childhood gone. Poor lad.
                        Aye mine too.

R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by SS004 View Post
                          However, it was common knowledge he was messed up through drug use. It effectively put paid to his career a long time ago. Seems he never did get away from the need for drugs, prescription or not.
                          Is totally correct.

That is a tragedy, for he was heralded as a real talent amongst his peers when he emerged in the early-mid 1980's and showed that promise with his early appearances in films like Firstborn, Silver Bullet and Lucas (a personal fave of mine and easily his best acting performance by a landslide).

He'll no doubt be remembered for the early years of "The Two Coreys" partnership with Corey Feldman (License To Drive, The Lost Boys & Dream A Little Dream), but that partnership was arguably the worst thing to happen to him judging by the subsequent pile of straight-to-video crap they released in the 90's and the totally cringeworthy US reality TV series they starred in until fairly recently. Definitely a victim of the classic "too much, too soon" syndrome that can plague former child actors (especially those who made their names in the 1980's).

RIP, Corey.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 10-03-2010, 17:26.

Comment

Terrible business. Whatever happened to Corey Haim? Indeed. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                              Whatever happened to Corey Haim? Indeed. RIP.
                              He was amazing in The Goonies! RIP Chunk, say hello to Heath Legend and Biggie for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X