• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How worried should I be?

Planning on going to New York at the start of next month
    however...
    'Travel Not Authorized

You are not authorized to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program'

What???????????

The possible reasons for rejection all seem to relate to outstaying your welcome on a previous visit.
    but..

1. I'm a good boy
    2. I've never even travelled to the States before.

What now?
    Guess theres no time to apply for a visa..so do I just go?

Have to admit, panic has set in a little.

I'd probably be about 68% worried

Comment

How do you go about applying for a visa now? When I went it was done on the plane..have they changed it?

Comment

You could speak to someone at the offices in the UK. It's more likely someone with the same name has been a bad boy in the past...

Where was this related to, the ESTA website perchance?
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

yeah, ESTA website.

Comment

Have you thought about going via Mexico?

Comment

Hmmm... maybe your real name is Saddam Osama Bin Laden Hussein or something?

I'd be in touch with the UK Foreign Office to see if they can point you in the right direction:
              The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) has closed. It’s been replaced by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). FCDO guidance, services and information These services are now provided by FCDO: foreign travel advice consular help and services abroad document legislation History of FCO FCO was a ministerial department from October 1968 to September 2020. It merged with the Department for International Development to create FCDO.

My first port-of-call would be the Department of Homeland Security:

You could even try speaking to customer support on the airline you've bought tickets from, I'm sure they've seen this before.

At the moment, you're either cancelling your trip or going to Guantanemo Bay so I'd start speaking to people.

That's 3 phone calls I want you to have made by midday. Report back to me then please or it's detention!

Comment

Probably either a case of mistaken identity or you've some how got yourself on the US' no fly list.

It's likely you'll have to take a trip down to their embassy.

Comment

Have you got a common name?

Have you threatened on the internet or in a telephone conversation to assassinate President Obama?

Comment

Perhaps you were talking to one of your brers on the phone and accidentally used a codeword. Ever had the feleing you are being watched? Have you been followed by shadowy figures....?

Comment

Did you answer 'Yes' to any of the questions on the ESTA form? Did you lie at all?

If you can't get your ESTA sorted you will need to go to the emabassy - expect to be there all day.

Comment

Will do some ringing around tomorrow!!

Comment

So what was it?

Comment

Getting nowhere.

Will have to fill in an application form online (which needs a digital photo) and then I presume a trip to London.

What a joke.

Comment

Are you going to miss out on your flight?

Comment

Working...
                              X