Man Vs Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man Vs Food

Anyone seen this on the Good Food channel? I have watched a couple so far and it's near essential viewing for all greedy bastards like me. The guy just goes around the US and eats lots of gut busting tucker.

My new favorite programme without a doubt!

I've watched a few. My fave so far is the rib shack where they had the open BBQ. Would love to try some of those ribs and the pulled pork sarnies.

Comment

sold, I shall watch at 9pm tonight

Comment

I've been watching it since it was first on in the states. It's one of my favourite shows.

Quite interesting as he is clearly getting fatter and fatter each episode. He's practically a rake in the first series comapred!

Comment

i liked last night when he described a brekkie of 1.5lbs of fried veg with another pound of sausage and egg mixed in as 'quite healthy'

Comment

Funny write up on this by Charlie Brooker in the Guardian recently.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
              i liked last night when he described a brekkie of 1.5lbs of fried veg with another pound of sausage and egg mixed in as 'quite healthy'
              Me and the wife found that most amusing too!

That hot wings challenge he ate looked a bit tame. He didn't look to be in discomfort, and Habaneros arn't THAT hot. I've chucked 4 nagas, 2 habaneros, 8 jalapeneos and 4 cayenes into a homemade Chilli before and managed to eat it comfortably.

Great show, but it always makes me crave some food after watching it!

Comment

That writeup raised a few chuckles. Thinking I should really watch this at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brooker
                  Entire carcasses are greedily consumed by overweight folk with juice dribbling down their chins, tearing flesh from charred bones with their glistening teeth. It's like sitting in Sawney Bean's cave.
                  Inspired.

Comment

"Man Vs Poo" heheh

Comment

Anyone catch the Pizza episode last night? I have never seen anyone eat so much as the guy in this. He was folding the Pizza and taking bites that would be equivalent to about 4 of mine!

Already you can see more weight on him (although I'm not too sure on the timescale these were filmed).

The highlight of last nights one for me was the crazy burger, that had two cheese toasties instead of buns round it! Only in America.

Comment

Wasn't the Squeeze Inn was it? God I'd love to try one of those burgers.

Incidentally, anyone who ever visits California, be sure to visit In n Out. They do incredibly nice fast food burgers (cooked to order from fresh beef).

Comment

Nah it was The Vortex.

Looking at the menu I think it was the Super-Stack Heart Attack Burger.
                          I quote:

Two half-pound sirloin patties stacked inside three grilled cheese sandwiches, topped with two fried eggs,
                          eight slices of American cheese, ten slices of bacon, with plenty of mayo on the side. With this burger we
                          choose your side for you, and it?s a big bowl of fries and tots covered in our cheesy-cheese goo

Amazing

Comment

He did an episode on a big 7lb. breakfast burrito...made me a bit ill...

Comment

found the other nights prog in Atlanta a bit distasteful, watching him slobber and smear sauce over his face going thru the burger menu in a place then force eat 11lbs of pizza til somebody became a human fois gras goose wasn't that entertaining.

Could have had a good go at the food in Gladys Knights soul food place though.

Comment

Working...
                              X