I'm Nostradamus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Nostradamus

lots of us often see stuff that happens and proclaim it was obvious, always gonna happen, so I thought I'd start this thread where you can make your predictions and then gloat if they come true.

bonus kudos the further out or less obvious your predicition is.

lets go sporting as well as political, current affairs, celebrity but avoid things like prediciting single footy matches taking place the next day.

I'll open up with a 2yr vision I have whereby Bob Crowe will be readying his forces of evil and calling all his tube brothers & sister out on 4 weeks of industrial action, completely by coincidence this will be at the same time the Olympics take place but Bob will insist this has nothing to do with the 20% payrise and reduction in working hours his members deserve.

so who else has Nostradamus like visions they wish to share ?

Don't dress it up merf, just start a Bob Crowe is a c*** thread. I'd post in it a lot.

Comment

wasn't intended as a Bob Crowe is an idiot thread (though he is), inspiration for the thread came to me watching the news this morning with the new train strike & BA strike items.

my next prediciton is Kerry Katona to marry Peter Andre and them to have their own tv series on the community channel by christmas.

Comment

That sounds eerily familiar...But what's another reality show in an already massively over-saturated market?

Here's a few:
        Nintendo buys out Sony's video game division by the end of 2011
        Monster Hunter 4th is a 3DS exclusive
        3D TVs flop massively in 2010 almost killing the technology for the home
        Several non-fatal accidents in factories cause a drop of 80% of the manufacture of bluray discs driving prices higher
        Lots of famous actors die
        Car accidents kill thousands of people
        And yet again the Americans get even more paranoid about airport security

I'm 100% sure at least half of those will be almost completely in the right area.

Comment

I have no idea who Bob Crowe is. I'm so out of touch.

I'll give the ol' Nostradamus thing a try though. Here's mine -

In the land of red, born of cow, the four-legged man shall canter. Gone will be the eyes of the one with the leg of cheese. And one shall fall from a small hill.

Give it time. It'll happen.

Comment

I overheard a guy in a cafe tonight telling the staff that the world will end in 2 years, and also that he has a temperature of 37.5 which will be 38 very soon.

But since the thread isn't "he's nostradamus" I'd better make one or two of my own.

Product placement on television will increase to the point where you can't tell if the commercial break has started or not, instead the advertising will be written into the scripts. This already happens to an extent with movies but I'm talking regular TV.

Joss Whedon's next sci-fi project will run for one series and then get cancelled halfway through the second.

In series 9 of 24, there will be a mole in CTU that gets revealed halfway through. I know that one is hard to believe.

Wow - all my predictions are TV based. What has happened to my imagination?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
              Joss Whedon's next sci-fi project will run for one series and then get cancelled halfway through the second.
              You're not even trying with that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                You forgot to mention that it would be a Fox show.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  I have no idea who Bob Crowe is. I'm so out of touch.
                  Head of the RMT union and communist party member. I doubt there are many people who use the Tube often to don't intensely dislike him.

Comment

Oasis to reform in the next couple of years...to a collective 'meh' from the world.

Comment

If this thread was around earlier, i would have predicted that Beckham injured himself before the world cup...but to expand on it, weeks before the world cup there will be a "will he, won't he" approach to the front pages of newspapers and Kel Suprise, he'l be fit for the world cup.

Comment

England get beat 2-1 in Ashes.

Mike Ashley is given the freedom of Newcastle.

Alex Ferguson writes a new book entitled 'Even I Hate Me'

A burning mini falls from the sky into the Olympic Stadium. A flaming Dale Winton jumps out screaming.

FamMyDoDD gets married.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                          FamMyDoDD gets married.
                          She reckons it's gonna happen!

Comment

I buy an Xbox 360.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by FagMyDude View Post
                              She reckons it's gonna happen!
                              She?