Disappointment / Let downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointment / Let downs

At work today I met the most amazing woman today and we just clicked. Everything was great, chatting and working together today. So I asked if she'd like to meet up on our day off and she said yes and gave me her mobile email address to my joy. I just got home and went to send a mail only to find the mail address doesn't work. I think she's made a mistake with the address...
    I'm sure it isn't intentional since she could have just said no, and why go to the effort to write her email down on a piece of paper with a smiley face..

I'm gutted

Won't you see her again if you were working together?

Comment

Chin up dude....... If she works with you, a lil bit of research will get you her number im sure........

Oh and when you DO get n touch again, the forum dictates that you supply pictures, or you will be banned for 10 life times! Yes thats you and your off springs, off spring and beyond..........

Comment

She sounds like a right bitch!

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
          lol, nice...

Comment

Can you read her handwriting properly? It might be something as simple as that.

Or she's only just finished having her/his sex change surgery and is still a bit nervous/sore.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
              LMAO

Comment

Yeah man, we've seen her type before - you're better off without her, she's making a fool out of you! It's probably another guy.

hang about - supergoal you're in Japan right... she was a foreigner then? Judging by how you said "she could have just said no"... if she was Japanese there's your answer right there! it was probably 'tatemae' in action. (and the Japanese would put a smiley face at the end of any letter, like telling you your parents have died or something)
                Last edited by Darwock; 26-03-2010, 15:34.

Comment

Smiley face is for Im laughing at you when you try to send me a text surely?

Comment

You took her email/number?

Epic fail.

I bet you feel guilty when you get back to work and find she has quit her job rather than face up to giving you the slip ;-)

Support from the forum - you can't beat it.

Comment

It's the morning here now, and still feel gutted..
                      I was only helping out just the once at the office she works in. I usually work in a different place unfortunately.
                      The address seems quite simple, so it's hard to understand how she made a mistake.
                      I'm quite sure she didn't mean to blow me off because she actually went about her way to give it to me. I actually didn't ask for her contact details. I just said how about meeting up, and she went on to say I'll give you my email, and so she did without me prompting her or standing over her waiting for her to write it down. I was out for lunch and when I came back she handed me the piece of paper. Mega score I thought.

I'm sure no tatemae is at play here.

She was a cabin attendant for JAL so I guess you could imagine what kind of stunner she is.

OK, Do you think I should call the office she works at on Monday to get / give my number to her? Or is that too stalker like?
                      If it was a tatemae side play then I'll look like a noob stalker. If it was genuine and I don't call, it will be a mega missed opportunity.

What should I do?

Comment

If you believe she was genuinely interested then calling on Monday and saying "hey, I tried to email you to see if you wanted to meet up but it got bounced back" doesn't seem too ker-azy.

I say do it. Like you mentioned you were helping out in that office and usually work somewhere else so it isn't like you'd have to be embarrased about going in there again for a while if it all turns out to be a misunderstanding.

Comment

Not that I'm one to give advice, but if she really did blow you off, then you have nothing to lose by giving it a go and phoning, tatemae or not.

Whenever I've had to go through the whole tatemae nonsense, the other person has normally intentionally made their excuse quite poor, so their actual intention is quite obvious, just not explicitly stated. It's supposedly about 'saving face' for both parties after all, not an attempt to mislead. But given I don't live in Japan, I could be talking crap.

Comment

Make the call. You feel like crap about it anyway so go for it. You'll never see her again if it was a brush off so there's no point just sitting there wondering

Comment

Cool! I'll definitely call. I'll let you know what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X