Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RGB Splitter

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy a good RGB splitter box doo-daa so that I can connect all my concoles to the measly single RGB scart socket that my TV has.

I would be most grateful for you recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

This is the one i have at the moment HERE

Its pretty good, and RGB on all 3 SCART sockets. Although you need a SCART to SCART cable.

Comment

I need one them, what are RCA ports for ?

Comment

If you want composite AV i suppose

Which i havent used. Or to use the stereo L/R phono's.

Comment

The one I and many others here have I believe is this one:

It takes 5 different scart inputs, all RGB wired and with no noticeable picture degradation. It's not auto switching, so you have to press the corresponding button on the unit to switch to that console's output.

Only real shortcoming of it (literally) is that the built-in scart cable that goes to the tv is only about 40cm long, so it may end up hanging from the back of your tv depending on your setup.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

I ended getting the one that takes 5 inputs and it looks to be quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurrabred
              It takes 5 different scart inputs, all RGB wired and with no noticeable picture degradation.
              There was for my RGB GC output... hence I took it back and got the 3 port one shown above. No problems now
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I recommend the one from geektanics post:

Argos No. 534/0370

You will have to pay extra for a decent scart/scart cable for it though.
                Some people have had interference problems with the 5in1 box and the built in cable isn't much cop.

I have two of the 3in1 boxes and they work 100% fine with all my TVs, DVD players & Consoles.

Comment

Yeah, I have noticed a bit of interference with the one that I bought. I think that I will take it back to swap for the one with 3 sockets.

Comment

I've just noticed (this weekend) the interference with the GC too. Weird how it doesnt happen on the others. It got worse through the weekend. I'll get one of the 3ways and keep this one for other devices which seem to work fine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by yashiro
                      I recommend the one from geektanics post:

Argos No. 534/0370
                      Have to agree this one works for me too, dont get the cheaper one on the same page its ****e (if its still in the catalogue)

Comment

I've now got an argos 3 way as detailed above, the one where you have to buy your own scart cable to connect the box to the TV.
                        Anyway, I've plugged the 5 way one into it, so I now have a 7way. The 3 way box works fine with everything, but the 5 way seems to get interference from the GC, so I've plugged the GC directly into the 3way.
                        All works lovely now. Combined cost for 7way:
                        3way: 10
                        5way: 25
                        scart: 15
                        Total: 50

Comment

I've got two of the 3-Way Argos Splitter linked up.

Works fine, although when wearing headphones, I notice the earth hum is slightly louder than when I plug my consoles directly straight into the TV Scart.

Comment

I have the Argos 3-way one. It's not properly documented with the splitter what all the ports and buttons do:

The RCA outs to the right are for outputting whatever you have selected from the SCART input over an RCA cable. This is really useful for me as I can use my GC's RGB cable to play it in RGB on my TV, but also use the RCA output to connect to my TV card to take screen shots.

The ones 2nd to the left are TV output. They take whatever picture's from your TV tuner (basically whatever channel is showing on your TV at the time) and output it through the RCA outputs. VERY useful for me if I want to record from live TV on my TV card, I don't have to use an RF cable and tune all the antenna channels on my card.

Comment

Working...
                            X