Google is annoying me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google is annoying me

Google seems to have the future sown up in so many ways, but in some areas it's completely lacking.

For example, so often when I search for reviews on a new japanese game, the first thing that appears on the list is a gamestop or ign page that is just a placeholder "the best port of call for xxxx reviews etc", with no useful info on the page.

They should spend less time mucking about with pointless speed measument and more time figuring out if the pages are actually useful. e.g. does it look exactly the same as vast numbers of other placeholder pages on a site but with a small number of words changing? If so, drop the page right down. Or the whole site. It's essentially spam. You'd delete it from your inbox straight away, but google seems to thrive on spam.

Any alternatives though that work any better? Doubtful, but what search do you use?

there's nothing simple about search, read this recently and its a really good read, over 500 changes to the google search algorithm alone this year !

I've never been tempted to use Bing, Yahoo, Ask or Wolfram Alpha (which is interesting as its a computational search as opposed to a pure url hunter).

You should mail google your complaint and see if they reply !

Comment

Yes, I hate those sort of sites Charles. Also happens when you want to buy something, the site says "Save £££ on xxx" then they don't even sell the thing you're looking for when you click through.

Comment

Working...
      X