Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick it to 'em

lolfest.

The current state of play is that David's solicitor has written to BT threatening to "take them to court if they didn't cash my cheque". He's currently awaiting a reply, while the debt collectors have fallen silent.

Anyone got any more daft ideas for having fun with beaurocrats?
    There was a book about this years ago.

Put stamps right in the middle of envelopes. Who says it has to go top right?

Put the stamp anywhere but the top right corner, send it to Canada and wait for it to come back.
    They sent my Christmas presents from my mother back surface mail and didn't even say why.
    Anyway...

Comment

There are endless stories of 'clever' people thinking they're being smart and witty by paying £1000 fines in pennys. After going to the effort of transporting several hundred kilos worth of coinage they promptly get shown legal tender laws (you don't have to accept any more than 20p's worth of copper coins), they're then made to take the money back and get penalised further for non-payment.

Comment

hahaheheh. Classic. First they are stupid enough to get a fine and then aren't quite clever enough to come up with something good.

Comment

Nice story Charles.

This bit made me giggle the most: 'I've even offered to replace the cheque, though stipulating that there'll be a £25 admin charge and the replacement will be on plywood.'

Comment

Working...
          X