Help me diagnose this bite/advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me diagnose this bite/advice

Ok guys, I was out today and noticed a large lump on my right hand about 2pm. It looked like one of the veins had a huge clot. It soon went down but now the whole of the bottom and back of my hand between my wrist and pinkie is swollen and completely bruised.

Now with me spending most of the summer fishing, I'm used to being bitten by all sorts of things, but never has anything been like this. Over the last hour or so it's gotten worse and now sort of a constant throbbing. We did however find a false widow in the flat last week so I'm hoping it isn't one of them.

Should I go to the walk in centre now or leave it until it possibly gets worse? Tonight through tomorrow lunch time is also the worst time to go as tonight is ?1 a pint night so the place is packed.

Any help would be appreciated here folks.

Doctor not forum

Comment

No idea dude, see a doctor asap though if it's worrying you.

Comment

Like I said in my first post, the walk in centre is a nightmare on a thursday so I may as well just go tomorrow afternoon, as I'd probably have to wait until then anyway.

I'm going to give it another hour or so and then see how it is.

Comment

Can I have your games when you die?
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

If there is any sort of visible rash, get to the doctor NOW (do not wait till morning).

Otherwise, you were probably bitten by something. False widows are about wasp sting in intensity, you'd know if you'd been bitten by one. They're only dangerous if you're alergic (despite what the scare stories in the papers would imply).

If the bruising, swelling or pain gets worse, see a doctor. If you're worried, see a doctor.

Comment

What the 10 copies of Fifa 10 he has ?!

Comment

Have you cut your hand anywhere recently?, cos it could be an infection.

If you dont wanna go & get it sorted I'll do it for ya. I'm a dab hand with a sterilised stanley knife blade

Comment

Buy one of these Andy just in case....

Comment

lols

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      NO!

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                      If there is any sort of visible rash, get to the doctor NOW (do not wait till morning).
                      No rash, just slight swelling and bruising.

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                      Buy one of these Andy just in case....

Had one for the SFC back in the day. HORRIBLE things!

Had it wrapped in ice for the last hour and its neither getting better or worse so I'll see what it's like when she gets up for work in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                        NO!

No rash, just slight swelling and bruising.

Had one for the SFC back in the day. HORRIBLE things!

Had it wrapped in ice for the last hour and its neither getting better or worse so I'll see what it's like when she gets up for work in the morning.
                        IT WASNT ME WHO KILLED HER IT WAS.........................THE HANDDD!!!!!

Comment

*suddenly has hand/chainsaw flashes from Evil Dead 2*

Comment

Working...
                          X