South Pub Games Meet. (street fighter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Pub Games Meet. (street fighter)

Recently a pub near me in Portsmouth (The Kraken Wakes) has listed a Games Night including Street Fighter (COD, ProEve, Mario Kart). I told some friends and some of them phoned the pub as to find out what was going on.

Seems that no staff members working all day knew which version or which console or very many details at all... Sooo I joined their facebook group asking and was told that due to console problems SF has been dropped.

But this got me thinking, if I could show them the benefits of regulour SSF4 games, would anyone be interested in coming?

Its a long shot but worth a try. Their facebook groupe is The Kraken Wakes Offical

The guy (owner?) offered me a TV and said that if I wanted to I could bring my Xbox down and play tonight. I called up most of my SF playing friends only the find half of them busy. I could only get together 5 players at short notice... so decided it wasn?t worth lugging my Xbox and stick down there.

I called him up and told him I wasn?t going to make it. Turns out he was having some difficulties with a projector anyway. So the night wasn?t running smoothly.

BUT he said he?d hold onto my number and see if we can arrange some games or a team tournament in the future... his words. Pretty positive really!

SO PLEASE if anyone is interested join the facebook group ?THE KRAKEN WAKES (OFFICIAL)? go to the Discussions Board and look at ?Computer Club?.

Register your thoughts and interest and maybe we can get something going here in the South.

Comment

I am usually up for bustin' some chops but it's a bit far of an evening for me to make it

Comment

Do they do Pro Evo on Ps3 or Xbox? I don't think Lewis owns the place he's incharge of entertainments as far as I can tell.

Comment

Yeah you're prolly right... but his name is atteched to everything Ive seen about the place. Never herd of him before but I am wondering if he used to work at Jonny Russells as they seem to have the same DJ sets.

Ive no idea about Pro Evo. I was just focused on SF. It would be wonderful to find people to have face to face games with.

Comment

Yeah we are friends going way back, he did run the music nights at LJR's, Sumo etc. He's pretty easy going just ask abut what you need I can back you up if required.

Comment

So he did work at LJR, what a bang on guess!

Well good to know. I am always shocked at what a small world it is.

Comment

Working...
              X