Amazon Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Japan

Just out of interest, has anybody on here ever ordered from them?

I'm on the hunt for a couple of game OSTs and they seem like the best bet (as things stand), but I'd like to find out about their overall quality of service, if possible. All general experiences and feedback would be much appreciated, thanks.

I used them a while back for the kill bill dvd bearbrick sets and they were pretty good to be honest

you will pay duty on your stuff if its over the limit, just make sure the stuff you want isnt from private sellers because alot of them don't ship items outside Japan

Comment

Yep, bought stuff from them - no major issues.

Once when I imported something, I got majorly overcharged by FedEx, who apparently don't have a clue what a customs declaration in Yen actually means. Mistake, or opportunism? Anyway, they refunded me in the end.

Comment

The shipping will be the thing that kills you as they won't ship anything by normal post everything comes by courier. Prepare for a severe ass raping by customs when it turns up.

Books, CD's & Dvd's they will send outside of japan. Anything else they won't let you buy, but they are ok for some stuff that you normally couldn't get.

They could certainly do better on packaging stuff though as my parcel came with a huge hole in it, i had ordered a lot of dvd box sets & they came shrinkwrapped to a card base & then that was just put loose in a outer shipping box so there was no protection between the 2. It was a miracle they survived at all.
        Last edited by importaku; 03-05-2010, 19:24.

Comment

Used them for years within Japan and no problems.

Wouldn't use them internationally for books, there are much more fun ways to have your wallet r*ped. Like importaku says, they won't ship games.

Comment

Yeah... I've used them without issue a few times but as Importaku says, shipping is a killer and you're likely to get done by Customs to boot.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Might want to try yesasia as well, the shipping is a lot more wallet friendly however they are a bit slower at getting stuff out.

If you do decide to order from amazon make sure that you make that order count by getting as much stuff as possible as if you just order a few cd's you will find that the shipping costs will be far more than the cd's ever cost. Thats what im dgoing to do as theres a few albums & dvd box sets im after but waiting for them all to be in stock before i blitz the place hehe.

Comment

Working...
              X