Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overtime - how much do you do?

Just interested..

I work a 37.5 hour week officially (in an IT role), but in recent months it's been anywhere up to 65, and at times more..

I don't mind the money, but I do feel like I'm going slightly mental - the lack of sleep is generally making me into a complete idiot.

Does anyone else work those sort of hours?

I regularly work those hours, also get called through the night and have to do some work at the weekends.

I'm on a salary though so 'overtime' does not equate to big pay packet. I do get a bonus (if we are allowed to have one being a dirty *anker). That in no way compensates for the actual hours I put in.

When I was a contractor I worked 12 to 14 hour days, 7 days a week for a 3 month stretch. Paid by the hour. ?40 an hour. Much sweetness.

Comment

Very rarely. To be honest they should be grateful I come in at all.
      I'm also salaried, so overtime = no pay for Jimmay.

Comment

I don't get paid for it, so I don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
          I don't get paid for it, so I don't do it.
          Ditto, salaryman here and I very rarely leave work projects unfinished at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmbob View Post
            To be honest they should be grateful I come in at all.
            Yep, that's my take on it. If there is a need for me to do overtime, then somebody has fecked up and hasn't hired enough people or messed up a schedule or something.

Comment

I don't get paid overtime but it does help when it comes to bonus time and pay review.

Comment

Salaried so no overtime payments. I rarely take lunch thoguh so they get about an extra 4 hours out of me each week.

Comment

I'm on a salary but every so often I'll stay late or come in early, whatever. Nothing too crazy, and I'm never told to, just I don't hate my job and don't have a problem with doing it. I'm in a good team and I'm sure if I was to ask to come in late of a morning there'd be equally no issue with it.

Have definitely been in jobs before though where if I'm not getting paid, they could take a walk. Just thankfully that's not me right now

Comment

Used to. But now I have a 2 year old child there is no way I am missing out on all the ridiculous things she does everyday. No money is worth that!

Comment

At game I was paid for 40 and on adv. Was working up to 85 pw unpaid

Comment

Overtime? None. In fact I do undertime. Can't remember the last time I worked a 40 hour week. Nor do I want to.

Comment

I don't get paid for it but in the last 5 weeks I've had 2 whole days off due to staffing constraints.

I'm currently sitting in my local Starbucks contemplating the fact that I should have tomorrow off but have to go in and do the close shift due to this lack of people.

Still, ain't my problem in a week, I'll be in Tokyo!

Comment

Oops.

Comment

I don't do any. I do spend some time out of normal hours working through my on-call responsibilities, but that's considered a part of my working week so doesn't really count.

I'm out of the door on the button 99.99% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X