Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Live Permissions - gits.

Holy ****ing ****.

Over the last few months, I've suddenly started getting all sorts of spam. Until then my email was almost spam free.

Some of it is invites from windows live sluts.

I've just checked my windows live profile and everything was viewable by everyone. When did this happen? Why isn't this defaulted to no one? Gah.

Do they think they are facebook now?

**** ME. There are 22 different sections you have to go into seperately to turn it all off. ****.

I don't remember getting emails to warn me about this ****. Does this mean if they invent a new category, I have to somehow use my psychic powers to notice and go and change the default? Wankers. At least facebook had the decency to email me that all this stuff was happening and it was fairly painless (mostly on one screen) to turn it off.
    Last edited by charlesr; 23-05-2010, 19:28.

Comment

wtf. It's posting things I'm doing in my messenger as some sort of status update. That everyone (until now) can see. I didn't ask for this. ****ers.

I wonder if the spam will slow up now (other than the windows live sluts which will obviously stop). It's probably too late and I'm on some "loser left his live profile wide open" spam database being distributed round russia and china right now.
      Last edited by charlesr; 23-05-2010, 19:32.

Comment

Checked various permission sections on my live profile and none of it is public or had permissions changed. Perhaps someone has gained access to your account Charles? Change your password, etc.

Comment

Good plan.

Comment

Yeah, if MS did this kind of thing, it'd be everywhere (all the tech sites love an MS bash), heck it'd probably make the BBC.

Virus or compromised password seems likely

Comment

Looks like the same for me, I wondered why I was being spammed to my MSN messenger directly. f**ktards

Comment

Maybe I just missed the email telling me to update all this stuff. I've never used it. I certainly wouldn't have set it all to YES PLEASE SPAM ME. It was all on MAXIMUM WIDE OPEN LEGS settings.

Comment

Working...
                X