Post Office claim q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Office claim q

So I sent a game out to someone on the 26th of April, and it is still yet to arrive. The track and trace screen shows that it "is still being processed in our system". I'm unhappy with that and I want to make a claim so that I can refund the buyer. How do I go about making a claim? Can I go into the branch where I sent it with my receipt?
    Kept you waiting, huh?

In my experience they'll give you a form to send off, they won't sort it for you in branch. It's all part of their plan to p*ss you off in to not bothering, which in my case usually works and I sack it off.

Comment

Definitely go ahead and fill in the form though. Takes a month to get the money back in form of a cheque. I just gave the form back in to the post office and they send it as internal mail. You will probably need to ask the buyer additional info like their phone number though. As ikobo said it is a bit of a hassle but the form only takes 10 mins so it is worth it imo.

Comment

Cheers lads. It was only worth £15, but I hear that 1st-class recorded covers up to £41, so if I team up with my buyer we can do a bit of skullduggery. I always thought the idea of sending something using a trackable method was to ensure it arrived. Oh well.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo_1 View Post
          In my experience they'll give you a form to send off, they won't sort it for you in branch. It's all part of their plan to p*ss you off in to not bothering, which in my case usually works and I sack it off.
          I did this for a damaged MVS cart recently, and got a book of 6 stamps as compensation.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            Cheers lads. It was only worth ?15, but I hear that 1st-class recorded covers up to ?41, so if I team up with my buyer we can do a bit of skullduggery. I always thought the idea of sending something using a trackable method was to ensure it arrived. Oh well.
            Mail fraud FTW!

Comment

It'll most likely get there, but outwith the time you wanted. I sold Chojin on here a load of kit once and the special delivery was late arriving, I was gutted as it was the first time i'd dealt with him but he was a star about it. Went to the PO and they weren't very helpful about repaying me for missing the guaranteed time, so I walked out. Which I think is what they hope for.

Comment

The post office are f**kers in these type of situations. It'll take AT LEAST a month to sort out. Make sure that you claim for the cost of posting, as you paid for a service which wasnt completed, & make sure you mention this in the additional info section at the end as if you dont then you'll only get the value of item back.
                Dunno why it takes so long tbh. They must have some kind of lost parcels place, & they have evidence via tracking that it wasnt completed so whats the troub?
                And I'll say it again - f**kers!!

Comment

I shall go in there waving my iron fist. I think that seeing as it's been more than 4 weeks it's pretty safe to say it's not going to get there now. I did pay for next day delivery after all.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

If its an ebay transaction they want proof of value too - a printout of your paypal receipt or something.

Comment

Not having much luck with the Post Office are you J0e?

Comment

Hey dude. Just in the middle of this process myself.

Firstly, recorded delivery means nothing anymore. It certainly in no ways gurantees any delivery time. I've sent plenty of things in the last year that showed up on the track and trace system as 'still in our system awaiting delivery' and then later found out that they had been delivered. This happens because posties can't be bothered knocking on your door anymore. I've had cards in my letter box saying 'we couldn't deliver this because you were out' etc. when I was sat in the living room!

I made a claim for a lost parcel last year and all I got was a book of stamps. I had another parcel go missing last month so this time I went through the claim form in minute detail and included eveything they asked for which HAS to include the original receipt for the missing item. Which of course isn't very likely when saelling on here or Ebay.

Guess what? I got a bull**** generic letter from them saying 'you have to wait 15 days after it has gone missing before you can claim' when it had already been 4 weeks! There was a number on the letter you can call which was just an automated response that sends you round in endless circles until you give up. So I called again yesterday and after the millionth 'press option 1 or return to the main menu' message I decided just to stay on the line to see what would happen. After a long wait with NO further instructions I got connected to a woman who told me that my claim had been agreed a couple of weeks ago but that they just hadn't got round to letting me know! And they probably would never had contacted me if I hadn't managed to get through to them Un-****ing-believable! And let me reiterate that at NO point are you given the option to speak to someone.

As other people have said, the whole system is designed to make you give up as it is such a ball ache. Royal Mail is a ****ing joke.
                        Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

If you have proof of the parcel's value and proof that it has been sent, would small claims court be useful if RM start messing you around?

Comment

Working...
                          X