Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weekend

Hope you all had a wicked weekend too.

I went mountain biking in the rain on Saturday - pretty scary on the chalky surface - feared for my life several times, but only went off the trail twice.

Sunday I went swimming and saw my kid being very scared but successfully floating in the pool with armbands on.

Today went to a wedding with some awesome food and decent wine.

Top weekend.

I cooked a big meal for the wife on Saturday, saw a friend yesterday I haven't seen for a while, and today some gardening followed by a trip to a nice beach/harbour town with the wife and baby. Pretty good for me too

Comment

I've been eating loads and finishing off HL2, along with Episodes 1 and 2.

Comment

I've spent my weekend NOT revising for the exam I have tomorrow. Clever me!

Comment

Spent Saturday morning in the Square Enix store watching Mrs Teddy get all excited about random Final Fantasy goodies. Then went to the Pokemon Centre before having an awesome meal at Anna Millers in Shinagawa.

Sunday morning was spent walking through Yoyogi Park, down into Shibuya and then a 6 hour Akihabara final recon with much arcade gaming.

Spent 12 hours on a plane today but am now home, curled up with all my new games.

Back at work Thursday.

Comment

Spent the weekend away in Stonehaven, nr Aberdeen. Cracking time, even if it did rain for virtually all Sunday!

In the outdoor heated seawater pool on Saturday, meal in the harbour and a few beers in the sun. On the beach and fair in Aberdeen on Monday, blue skies and warm.

Well chilled and only a 4 day week.

Comment

Watched 24, played some Nier, went to look at houses that we cant afford. So very ho-hum!

Comment

Friday,I was in work, then went dancing.........

I went to a festival on Saturday with a few friends, and witnessed the first leg of an 'international' (the only foreigners were French lol) B'boy battle, then went home to complete Ghostbusters on the PS3........

Sunday I spent the day watching Season 3 of 'Two Guys & a Girl" and 'The Book of Eli'.......

Saturday, went the gym, cleaned the house, went to a house warming party, ate loads....... and started playing Resonance of Fate........

Amongst all this there was some major flirting with girls both in person and through the many means of modern day communcation......... Order of the day really

overall, chilled but eventful.........

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Sunday I went swimming and saw my kid being very scared but successfully floating in the pool with armbands on.
                  I brought my little girl swimming the other day and she was very nervous in the water. She absolutely loves it but is afraid of not being held in the water. I managed to get her swimming just a couple of feet without me holding on to her but it wasn't easy. Not sure how to get her to overcome her fear of going under.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                    Spent the weekend away in Stonehaven, nr Aberdeen. Cracking time, even if it did rain for virtually all Sunday!
                    That's where I was too! I didn't bother naming it as I figured people would be none the wiser!

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                      That's where I was too! I didn't bother naming it as I figured people would be none the wiser!
                      One of our fave places in Scotland. Funny really as it's probably the most un-Scotttish place up here. It feels far more like somewhere in Devon, without the cider and cream teas.

Comment

Looking after my littlun who's got chicken pox. Sucked as we've been pretty much house bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          I brought my little girl swimming the other day and she was very nervous in the water. She absolutely loves it but is afraid of not being held in the water. I managed to get her swimming just a couple of feet without me holding on to her but it wasn't easy. Not sure how to get her to overcome her fear of going under.
                          She about 20 months old I think from previous posts - don't try and push her to swim too early. Hold on as much as she wants, make it fun and she'll let you know when she's ready.

Jumpin in from the side to your arms is a good trick, get's them used to the splash. Water toys are a must, be that water wings, ring or some all singing all dancing animal shaped effort. If you can stick to the kiddies pool so she can stand up on her own.

As she gets older get her goggles and make going under a game, seeing stuff under the water (get yourself a paid too). Again pool toys such as rings that you can pick up off the bottom help them gain their own confidence at their pace.

Comment

Chili Fiesta on Sunday. \o/

Comment

^Oh man! I'd love to go to that. I'm totally green with envy.

I'm thinking of going to the Aboyne Highland Games with Mrs Skull and Baby Skull. If it's pishing down with rain then I may reconsider.

Join us on Saturday 5th August 2023 to witness the annual display and competition of Scottish culture in one of the most scenic parts of Aberdeenshire.

Comment

Working...
                              X