Soccer Aid 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer Aid 2010

Anybody watching this on ITV at the moment? Hugely entertaining game with some incredibly good football and some superb legendary talent on show. Worthy cause too.

Theakston, great saves.

Damien Lewis' effort in the first half was sublime.

Comment

Very entertaining, epic penalties too! I bet that was more entertaining than any England game in the world cup. A great watch.

Comment

Theakston for South Africa! Hehe...

Comment

Due to the fact he can't take a penalty! Great saves though.

Didn't watch all of it as Williams turns my stomach over.

Agree though, good cause and entertaining from the bits I watched.

Nice to see Giggs turn out for an international.

Comment

Quite impressed by Wilkes, Lara, Shepherd, Little and Lewis. A few were really hopeless but worth a good laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              Quite impressed by Wilkes, Lara, Shepherd, Little and Lewis. A few were really hopeless but worth a good laugh!
              That guy on the England right-wing in the first half (a talent show winner of some sort), didn't catch his name properly, but he was really good too. Gordon Ramsay for the ROW proved suprisingly athletic and competitive as well bearing in mind his age and build.

The 'old' pros were first class on both sides. I've always been a fan of Teddy Sheringham, even when he went to Man Utd and both he, Redknapp and Shearer ran around the pitch like players half their age. As for Zidane, Figo and Larsen - they still could play top flight football and not look out of place.

The penalty shoot out certainly was really great footballing fun. I just hope the WC throws up some games as entertaining as this was.
              Last edited by fallenangle; 06-06-2010, 21:54.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                Didn't watch ANY of it as Williams turns my stomach over.
                Fixed.

Comment

You missed a cracking match then. Do you avoid any game where there's one player on the pitch you don't like?

Comment

Lewis was suprisingly good during the match and his penalty was cracking.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                      You missed a cracking match then. Do you avoid any game where there's one player on the pitch you don't like?
                      If there was a player that I dislike as much as I do that man, I might well do that.

Comment

LOL........... @ Ando taking a throw in for a corner......... good ole Figo, finished the moment off in style .......

Craig David should have played again!

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                          LOL........... @ Ando taking a throw in for a corner.
                          Ha ha, yes! Be fair, it's probably the first game of "soccerball" he's ever played before. I thought they were also kind to Simon "The Mentalist" Baker in letting him take a penalty where it didn't matter if he missed, which was blatantly going to happen. I'll let him off because I like the show.

Great Mike Myers penalty too.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                            Ha ha, yes! Be fair, it's probably the first game of "soccerball" he's ever played before. I thought they were also kind to Simon "The Mentalist" Baker in letting him take a penalty where it didn't matter if he missed, which was blatantly going to happen. I'll let him off because I like the show.

Great Mike Myers penalty too.
                            I thought Simon Baker was an Aussie (wasn't he in Home & Away and Heartbreak High long before The Mentalist?). He should at least know how to kick a football, whatever shape it is.
                            Last edited by fallenangle; 08-06-2010, 10:38.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                              That defence-splitting through ball to Larrson would've had Andy Gray jizzing in his pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X