Stuart Cable RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuart Cable RIP

Dunno if this is in the right place. If not please move to Music, Movies, TV.

Ex Stereophonics drummer & Radio 1 Rock Show presenter found dead this morning.

Sad news.

I was never a fan of Stereophnics, but he always came across as the band member who had the most passion for their music, as well as rock music in general. He also gave the impression of being one of lifes good guys.

RIP
    Last edited by Skull Commander; 07-06-2010, 11:37.

Comment

Word Gets Around was an amazing album. True rawness & reality mixed with sadness & humor which if you live in S. Wales you saw all the time back then & still see to some extent now, so I could totally relate to their lyrics.
      2nd album was pretty good, 3rd album onwards kinda showed them moving away from their roots & the big bucks taking over, so the down to earth realism just dissapeared.

Cable did seem to be the one who kept the original spirit of the band going. When they booted him they just became a bit serious. They've still done some nice tracks but not as good as WGA material

Comment

I always preferred the earlier Stereophonics stuff before they started doing sax-lead Rod Stewart covers...

I mainly know Cable from his shows on Kerrang Radio and he always seemed a larger-than-life chap that absolutely loved his classic rock.

His band, Killing For Company, were due to play the Download Festival this weekend, along with headliners AC/DC, whom he loved.

He stood in on drums for Stone Gods (ex-Darkness) in a Birmingham gig and he was immense. They wrote a tour diary about how they rehearsed with him in Wales and he was awesome fun - a real party monster.

Such a shame.

Comment

Sad loss, the early phonics stuff is amazing.

Comment

Working...
          X