NTSC-uk "no text" week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTSC-uk "no text" week?

Probably a dumb idea, but could you survive without texts for a week? So instead of texting someone, you actually phone them up and talk to them. Apart from things like sending someone a phone number or address which are conveniently stored on their phone.

I'm getting to the point where I'm annoyed when I phone someone up, leave a message and they reply later by text. If I wanted a text chat, I would have texted you fool. So whilst I think I could easily survive the week, it might not actually aid communication.

I only text when I specificallly don't want to speak to someone or I can't - like when I'm in a meeting (and shouldn't be texting anyway!).

I reckon I could do it.

Comment

I could probably do this if I just ignored everyone for a week, I wouldn't replace texts with other forms of communication.

Which I guess makes me the enemy

Comment

I never text. Ever. I loathe texting.

I get charged if I do as it's not standard business practice on my Blackberry.

Comment

It's been weeks since I last sent a text. I hate mobile phones and only have one for emergencies. A trivial device for a trivial age.

Comment

I only text. Massive elaborate ones that cost me £1 a time. Even worse when I'm drunk. Talking is for suckers.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
              It's been weeks since I last sent a text. I hate mobile phones and only have one for emergencies. A trivial device for a trivial age.
              Me too. Today I received a text, but it has been weeks since the last, either sent or received.

Comment

And here was me thinking this will be a thread about proposing that people should post on this site for a week with only the aid of pictures and video links to get their message across.

I rarely text or use my mobile, so a week without it would pass unnoticed by me.

Comment

omg wht a stupd idea! dnt u no that like every1 uses txt 2 tlk n stuff innit

Comment

I don't think I could do this. I text all the time because it's more discreet than being on the phone when I'm at work.

I also text properly. Proper spelling, capitalisation, punctuation and grammar.

Comment

Don't like texting at all.

I find myself annoyed because I haven't got as immediate a response as I want, yet if I just rang I'd have got that!

Comment

In theory this is gonna make a few peeps monthly bill sky rocket lol........

Dunno if I can really, as some of the txts I send are to abroad, and to make a five minute phone call could cost me like 100+ texts lol.......

But like someone said above, if I ignored most peeps, that would be easier......... I can imagine some peeps I text often, wont like me calling them in the middle of the night or wanna pick up the phone if they are in a crowded place and would rather I text........

But ima give it a try, what the hey......... watch my mobile radiation tolerance level rise.........

Comment

I could do it, I barely text these days anyway so to go a week wouldn't be that hard. But then I don't text to be social anyway, its more for arranging plans with friends or stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                            You are jus saying that to be different and 'cool' aren't you Come on you gotta admit, its an EXCELLENT way of flirting and planting seeds with somone you like

Comment

I don't think I could do this. I text all the time, whether it's to arrange stuff or just some crude jokes.

Also you can send a crafty text at work when you can't manage to phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X