The thread of laughing at my forgetfulness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thread of laughing at my forgetfulness

I just got a parcel from the States with 8 blurays in it and no invoice/receipt.
    They're apparently from the Criterion Collection and were addressed to me personally, correct spelling and all.

Naturally, I'm 100% certain nothing in life is free and am incredibly suspicious of this. My plan is to see if anyone had them sent to me, then contact them about returning them. Or should I wait and see if I get sent an invoice and THEN contact them?
    Last edited by kryss; 18-06-2010, 19:19. Reason: idiocy, pure and simple

Might it be an eBay seller you've used before that's just got a bit confused?

Comment

The address on the label is the one for the company, and the post office stamp has the same zipcode as well.

Comment

Is it possible you've made it on some movie reviewer list somewhere?

Comment

Granted I do review stuff for Amazon Vine, but only the one in the UK (and I've never actually written reviews of the stuff they've sent me *ahem*).

How the hell would they have my address??

Comment

Do I win a prize if I guess the correct films?

How about The 400 Blows, Bottle Rocket, Chungking Express, The Last Emperor, The Last Metro, Last Year at Marienbad, El Norte and The Man Who Fell to Earth?

Giles said that he would let me know when they were on the way but it's obviously slipped his mind from what you're saying so I apologise on his behalf.

Comment

Not sure but if it didn't come with an invoice that would imply a purchase (even one with a mistake) and you have been reviewing stuff then maybe that's it. No idea how they'd get your address though.

Edit: ah, sounds like Mr.Parry is in the know.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                Do I win a prize if I guess the correct films?

How about The 400 Blows, Bottle Rocket, Chungking Express, The Last Emperor, The Last Metro, Last Year at Marienbad, El Norte and The Man Who Fell to Earth?

Giles said that he would let me know when they were on the way but it's obviously slipped his mind from what you're saying so I apologise on his behalf.
                That solves it, ta john.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  I just got a parcel from the States with 8 blurays in it and no invoice/receipt.
                  They're apparently from the Criterion Collection and were addressed to me personally, correct spelling and all.

Naturally, I'm 100% certain nothing in life is free and am incredibly suspicious of this. My plan is to see if anyone had them sent to me, then contact them about returning them. Or should I wait and see if I get sent an invoice and THEN contact them?
                  arent those criteron films quite expensive?

Comment

They're for Mr Parry. I told him I wouldn't mind receiving/forwarding them a few weeks back, but...it completely slipped my mind...

*facepalms*

Comment

If anyone wants to scam me by sending me Criterion Blu-rays then I'll be happy to comply!

Comment

If Giles ever wants to send any blu-rays to anyone in future, just let me know. I don't allow any old cack to be sent to me but I'd make an exception for Giles.

Comment

You'll have to let us know if their quality lives up to expectation John.

Comment

You do understand that changing the thread title to the new one is just going to encourage more people to read it? Also, why the hell are people referring to me as Mr Parry?
                            Originally posted by dvdx2
                            arent those criteron films quite expensive?
                            Yes, yes they are!! These are merely replacement cases and covers though, long story and it's not a very interesting one.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                              Also, why the hell are people referring to me as Mr Parry?
                              You have that fatherly tone. Sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X