Ebay, selling to buyer with zero feedback and account created recently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay, selling to buyer with zero feedback and account created recently

I'm sold something on Ebay and the buyer has zero feedback with the account created on the same day as the sale, should I be concerned?

They have already put the funds in my Paypal account so I'm thinking it's ok to post but then I've noticed in Paypal it states the funds can be reversed.

Any advice?

Thanks

As far as I can see, your just going to have to go through with it and hope for the best. Everyone has to start somewhere so hopefully the bidder in question is legit.

Comment

Personally I'd back out.

Comment

Maybe the seller registered to buy a certain product?

Comment

Originally posted by Unwell Cat View Post
          I'm sold something on Ebay and the buyer has zero feedback with the account created on the same day as the sale, should I be concerned?

They have already put the funds in my Paypal account so I'm thinking it's ok to post but then I've noticed in Paypal it states the funds can be reversed.

Any advice?

Thanks
          doesnt everyone have to start at 0?

i have had my fair share of zero bidder time wasters though...

Comment

I'm hoping it's going to be ok as like I've mentioned the funds are already in my Paypal account.

Comment

Easy. Transfer the money from Paypal to your bank.

Every seller has to start somewhere. If everyone refused to sell to first-timers, there'd be no eBay.

Comment

send it recorded and keep slip for 6 months will stop them disputing chargebck even if you dont have a balance if you get a chargeback paypal can put you in to negative credit

Comment

Do not send anything overseas for a zero feedback buyer! Ever.

If you've a UK address to send to that gives you protection as you can always contact the police. If you send something overseas and they issue a chargeback, you are SOL, you've lost the item and the ebay/postage fees.

Don't trust the fact that the money is in your paypal account. It is trivial for them to file a 'no item received' notice and get the money back. Worse still, you can find they've paid with a stolen account.

Comment

So, can I refuse to sell?

Comment

offer it to 2nd highest if you can

Comment

you can but you'll take a reputation hit

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                          send it recorded and keep slip for 6 months will stop them disputing chargebck even if you dont have a balance if you get a chargeback paypal can put you in to negative credit
                          Sending it recorded is a total waste of time, all it provides is a signature and it's not trackable along the way...and if it's a small item the posty might have an arrangement to deliver things without a signature if the resident is out.

Special Delivery whilst more costly is trackable every step of the way and if a posty deliver it without a signature, you can do something about it.

Comment

its a contract so you cant back out and you will receive a neg

just sell it unless its like ?1000 worth of stuff

i've been warned in the past about italian and european buyers and have currently never had a back deal with anyone outisde the UK

Comment

Indeed, if it's within the UK, send it special delivery so you have an electronic record of its trip, which is what Paypal "care" about if there's an issue...
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                              X