Frank Sidebottom R.I.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank Sidebottom R.I.P.

The comedian Chris Sievey, who performed as Frank Sidebottom, dies at his home in Greater Manchester.

The Bard of Timperley passed away today age 54. A true British treasure.

R.I.P.

Oh wtf,

Where will little Frank live now
    Last edited by kernow; 21-06-2010, 18:18.

Comment

Only 54. Poor guy. I always liked the idea of Frank Sidebottom. Something very British about him.

Comment

Poor ol' Frank. That's a bit of a surprise. Wasn't a huge fan but I do remember him fondly. Did he get a few guest appearances in Oink magazine? Something like that. Great design for the character too.

Comment

I vaguely remember him. Wasn't he in some TV themed quiz?

Comment

He was on Number 73.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I remember him in Oink! which I loved in my junior years. Also remember him on No.73, Remote Control and more recently Frank Sidebottom's Proper Tele Show (in b/w).

I have thought the man was a legend for many years, and he most certainly was uniquely British. Like Ivor Cutler and Captain Beefheart he is one of a kind who will never be repeated.

Some vids to celebrate the great papier-mache maestro

Hit The North:
              Frank Sidebottom's Fantastic Supergroup - Frank, David Soul off Starsky & Hutch and that opera the god squad went mental about after not seeing it, a hammere...

Queen Medley:
              'We will rock you'/'Frank Gordon'. Frank's Puppet Pantorama, December 14th 2007. Bull & Gate, Kentish Town, London.http://www.franksworld.co.uk/

Frank's World Cup Song:
              Frank Sidebottom gives a rendition of his world Cup song

Comment

There is also murmers of a campaign to get him to number 1 in the charts.

Comment

Oh this is really sad. I remember him from No. 73 & Oink mag.

Another true legend passes away

Comment

It's sad news indeed, used to love him on remote control

Last edited by dvdmike; 21-06-2010, 22:29.

Comment

I love Frank's stuff and the iPod is never far away from an obsession with Debbie Greenwood or The Squid is Correct. I'll miss your stuff Frank, I will, I really will

Comment

I thought I was the only kid that read Oink! Thunderpigs was brilliant.

It's quite a young age to go, but he's one of the few celebs who genuinely never looked any older! Ha ha!

My fave memory of him is Reading Festival '95 where, at the height of the Oasis/Blur rivalry, played a medley that covered "Country House" and "Roll With It" without missing a beat and totally revealing how trivial it all was.

What a shame.

Comment

i remember seeing him and John Shuttleworth in the comedy tent at Phoenix festival way back in '94 - great stuff.

Comment

Shuttleworth is another Great British gem.

Comment

Nice to see some Shuttleworth fans!

Comment

Working...
                              X