Recommend a business motivation book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a business motivation book?

I'm looking for one of those motivation books that can inspire people to shoot for greatness rather than settling for average and I'm not all that well up on motivation books, or business books in general.

But I know there are a whole bunch out there and thought someone might be able to recommend a good one.

It's not for me but is for someone whose actions (or lack of) can affect my own career and they just seem to be sitting on their ass right now. And yet I know they're capable of much more. Given the whole recession times, I'm pretty much looking for one with this message - if you settle for average, you will fail and the business will die so you better start trying to be the best at what you do.

I'd just fire them except for the whole being my boss thing...

Any suggestions? I've been looking online and there are the old classics like The Magic Of Thinking Big and stuff like that but I don't think that's the type. I've seen a guy called Seth Godin's name pop up a lot and, from the looks of it, one of his might be the one but I don't know any of them personally. He's actually got one called 'Survival Is Not Enough' which sounds like the right title but seems to be more about changing with the times rather than aiming to be the best.

Anyone here know much about that kind of book? Any suggestions?
Working...
X