Good Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Customer Service

You know I'm positive we used to have a thread for this, but I've searched and can't find anything.

Just wanted to relay a positive customer service experience, it'll make a nice change from the negative ones that are posted so often.

I ordered Leon/The Professional from Amazon in the US a couple of weeks back. It arrived this morning, packaged as usual in their little custom made boxes and the box itself looked absolutely fine. The BR case however has a pretty heavy dent in the top left corner. The disc I assume is fine and it's still sealed, but I bought it new (If only $10 in their sale!) and I expect to receive it in new condition.

Logged on to Amazon to arrange the return, received a mail shortly after with a link to the returns label. I was just in the process of printing it out and packaging it up when I got another mail saying not to bother sending the damaged one back, and that they'll be sending a replacement free of charge using their expedited shipping method.

And all this after I was resigned to having to fight with someone (As is usually the case) over why I should pay to return the item.

Nothing terribly exciting, but as I say it's nice to post something positive about customer service once in a while.

(When I have the replacement I'll give this one away in the Blue Room thread)

Sweet. A little off topic, but what's the deal with ordering Blu Rays from Amazon.com? I'm out the loop with ordering US stuffs, what's the best way of avoiding customs charges etc (brief summary if you don't mind, sorry again for OT)

Comment

I've never been charged using them if I order in singles, so that's the way I tend to go with them. I think the very first time I ordered from them I ordered three at once and got stung, although not by too much if memory serves.

I tend to only use them when I see something in their sale anyway (They often have good titles up for $10, which works out about £12/13 after shipping).

Comment

I like Amazon.com prices of blu ray but they use slow shipping option. Any alternative.

Comment

I'll take the slow option when they're as cheap as they are when I buy from them. I'm not usually in a hurry for the stuff they have on sale.

Comment

I can add a positive to this today (makes a change from reading the irk thread). My 60" LG plasma that I bought in June has unfortunately had one pixel die on it last week. On a screen that big you'd think you might not notice it, but my eye gets drawn to it like it's the size of the sun.

Phoned up LG direct thinking I was going to be in for a nightmare. The guy on the phone was very helpful going through all the details, and then told me he'd get an engineer to contact me. I was thinking "oh here we go, palmed off", but surprisingly I got a call within the hour. Engineer came out next working day, took one look at it and without argument told me i'd receive a full replacement. They may not be one of the big name electronic companies, but i'm well impressed with how they dealt with the problem.

Last edited by Colin; 18-08-2010, 11:32.

Comment

Aren't LG like the 2nd or 3rd biggest consumer electronics company in the world?

Comment

Amazon.co.uk sent me a TV (£800 job) shortly before I moved to France. The remote didn't work, steeling myself for a fight I contacted them and was told a replacement would take something like 6 weeks to send out. I said I'd need to buy a universal remote then as I needed to get it shipped ASAP before I moved, and they sent me a £70 one free of charge. I was quite frankly flabbergasted, but they gained a loyal customer after that.

Comment

Another thumbs up for Amazon from me too - Only twice have I had to send stuff back, one was dead pixels on a monitor, and the other was a wireless router fault.

Both times they were superb, from collecting the parcels to receiving replacement items.

Comment

Lakeland are very good at replacing items if they're faulty and usually send a replacement free of charge and don't ask for the other one back. I don't shop there, but my wife's told me of several occasions where they've been amazing like this.

iTunes really impressed me this week. I've finally started buying from the iStore and wanted to get the new Dinosaur Pile-Up album and all the songs on the preceding E.P.s that aren't on the album. I did this by listing the songs by artist in alphabetical order to avoid duplicates and adding to my wishlist.

I then bought the wishlist, but it didn't realise that I'd bought an album and charged me for individual tracks.

Part of me should have checked why there was such a price difference, but part of me thought that iTunes should recognise this, especially with "complete my album".

I wrote on the off chance I'd get some explanation, but I got the difference refunded, an email off a real person and a guide to buying on iTunes. I wrote to say thanks and got another reply.

Very impressed. Gold star!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Lakeland are very good at replacing items if they're faulty and usually send a replacement free of charge and don't ask for the other one back. I don't shop there, but my wife's told me of several occasions where they've been amazing like this.
                      My wife is obsessed with Lakeland! We have a store local to us too. It is pretty cool.

Comment

Yay! More positive support experiences.

We had British Gas in last week replacing our boiler and radiators, flushing the system - basically a complete overhaul of the heating and water in the house. They were pretty much flawless from start to finish - the guy noticed an issue with the way the heating works in our house that ultimately made his job much harder, but he worked like a beaver on day one to get most of it done (And went out of his way to make sure it looked neat, which was quite a challenge considering what he needed to do) and was all done by midday on day two.

And you wouldn't have known he was there. Well, unless you look at the lazy decorating around the radiators.

Stupid house is far too warm now.

Comment

Lakeland shows her there are so many things she never knew she could live without!

It's a shame this thread and the life-affirming things you love threads aren't as long as the irks thread!

Comment

Working...
                          X