I need a hobby....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a hobby....

What can I do? What could I build that I could then sell the end product and start again? If I had the garage space down here i'd build a kit car, but sadly I don't. So something on a smaller scale. I don't want a load of stuff around the house or to collect whatever it was...........

I just seem to have a fair bit of spare time at the moment while we're waiting for new contracts to kick off at work. And I don't want to slide back in to the down the pub 7 nights a week routine!

Comedy suggestions expected, genuine one's welcomed.

RC Helicopters? My dad was big into building them and then erm.. crashing them.
    Building a valve amplifier (I'd like to do this, buy a kit or something and assemble it, its pretty rudimentary)
    Knitting?
    Build a table or something?

Sorry, my hobbies consist of drinking, playing games, listening to music and moaning.
    Last edited by kernow; 06-07-2010, 19:42.

Comment

Well, since you're here, build a VIDEOGAME.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
        Sorry, my hobbies consist of drinking, playing games, listening to music and moaning.
        Pfffft! Those aren't hobbies, that's just normal isn't it? Or else I already have hobbies.............

Comment

Well there we go, do them more

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
            RC Helicopters? My dad was big into building them and then erm.. crashing them.
            Building a valve amplifier (I'd like to do this, buy a kit or something and assemble it, its pretty rudimentary)
            Knitting?
            Build a table or something?

RC Helicopters

Amazing you should say that, I was sitting on my deck last weekend with a bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label polishing my shotgun (I live in teh country) and thought to myself what fun I could have with one of these.

Mainly would be for landing it on my neighbours roofs and scaring them etc but I'm sure I could think of something constructive to do with it as well maybe.

What about cooking? I love it.
            Very relaxing and good for you (if you cook the right things).

Mountain Biking.

erm

Get a dog and take it for walks.

Will think of more later when I'm home from work.

Comment

Learn a language to pull foreign birds. You know, like emus.

Comment

What about building model kits or ships in bottles etc , not much cash to be made but relaxing and creative.

Comment

Learn to build PCs? Incredibly satisfying and pretty handy.................

Comment

RC helicopters.
                    A lot of people don't have time so buy them built.
                    My dad makes around £200 on a large kit.

Comment

Methamphetamine, otherwise known as crystal meth.
                      You have to build it and I hear the profits are pretty damned good. You also have the added bonus of being able to go to Scotland to ply your wares, where I'm sure you'd go down an absolute storm.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's not a money making excercise, I just want to be able to get rid of whatever I build. The helicopters could be interesting and fun though. J0e, if you like, I can give you a suggestion where you can put your idea?

Comment

Well you did say comedy ideas expected.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Not quite as cool as Copters but what about RC cars??

You can get into them quite cheaply & if you find a local club can get into racing & meet some new friends while your at it.

Not loads of money to be made (if any at all) but great fun & a cool hobby.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                            X