Do you Tantrum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you Tantrum?

Ok so I'll start by saying in no way do I want any tales of physical violence against other people but anything else goes!

Bloke at work threw a hissy fit today (hilarious) and it got me thinking of similar occasions of pure tantrums I have thrown in the past.

Now I'm fairly relaxed most of the time I've mellowed over the years but when I was younger I was heavily into sports etc and was ultra competitive.

I was playing snooker with a friend at my mum and dads house which was a pretty regular occurrence and I was pretty good at it.

This particular day I was playing crap and sulking about it. I turned to my mate and said god help me if I miss this next shot.

I missed.....

I snapped the cue over my knee.

But this wasn't enough.

I then took the cue to the garage where I maniacally sawed it into tiny peices.

This still wasn't enough...

I then carried the pieces of cue around the back of the house and made a nice pile.
    Covered the pile in lighter fluid and burnt the ****er.

This however was still not enough..,

The pile of smouldering ash offended me so I proceeded to dig a hole and bury the ashes for all eternity.

I felt pretty great afterwards I have to say.

I'm not crazy honest lol, now be honest and share people.

Anything story I tell will pale into insignificance compared to what you just wrote!

Comment

Never.

Comment

Personally, I've generally never got that wound up over things though I have smashed up one or two pads after losing particularly frustrating games.

My brother though, when he was younger, used to go mental. I'd be scared of beating him at Street Fighter on our SNES because he'd go ballistic. Snapped pads were common, biting/chewing pads to bits a particular favourite.

Comment

I'm known to sulk, yes.

I have smashed a SNES pad that I nicked from school. I originally tried to smash it lasso-style, but it seemed to just bounce off the wall. I took a hammer and a Webley Tempest .22 air pistol to it after that.

Nowadays I just threaten to get my Mom to buy people that piss me off so I can pretend they are Richard Pryor.
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 07-07-2010, 16:33.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Violence against joypads is pretty common.

I seem to remember Atari 2600 sticks to be fairly resilient when compared to say a quickshot 2 turbo.

Comment

I never ever really understood pad abuse..

Comment

I used to get more wound up before save points came along.

You spend ages getting to a certain point and dying, you get angry and try and rush to get back to the same place and of course make things even worse.

More often than not you would come back to the same game the next day when calm and do it first time.

360 pads have been launched against walls and even down the stairs, they are very robust I haven't broken one yet....

Comment

I get incredibly stressed out and I used to go into fits of rage as a kid.

Now I simply don't let myself get that angry and stop whatever it is that's getting me so stressed.

Comment

I don't get angry very often but sometimes I'll lose it if I think that a game is being cheap or unfair. When this happens I usually turn the console off and pace around the flat for a bit before finding something else to do. On the odd occasion I've been known to scream into a pillow so I don't disturb the neighbours.

If it's an online multiplayer game I'll just obsessively hunt down whoever has pissed me off and ignore everything else until I've killed them in a satisfying way and can move on. Japanese plasma grenade spammers in Lost Planet 2, for example.

Comment

Yeah as a kid I used to flip out all the time. I recall one such episode in lower school when I got shouted at by the teacher for not taking my hood off (I was a bit of a Kenny from South Park I must admit.....apart from the dying bit).

Anyway, I picked up a basket of Crayola's and hurled them across the room, pulled over a display in the reception area, and stormed out the main gate, they had to drag me back inside. Happy days!

Comment

Never. I know people that do, and I just think "What a cock!".

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          I'm known to sulk, yes.
                          This is me as a rule.

I did however kick one of my daughters toys after France scored a late winner in Euro 2004. Unfortunately it was rock solid and very heavy, and I couldn't walk on it for a couple of days.

That's pretty much it though, I might rage a little but it never manifests itself as physical behaviour. Drinking when I was younger used to make me a little unpredictable, which is one of the reasons I've all but knocked it on the head now.

Comment

This generation, I learned through SMB2 JPN and Mirror's Edge that Wii remotes are EXTREMELY resilient and PS3 controllers: not so much.

Comment

If, playing a long section of a game, and then die at the final bit, i kick my legs out and wiggle them like I'm a child throwing an actual tantrum, its rather sad and true.

Comment

Working...
                              X