Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camden Council are a set of **** (insert swearword of choice here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camden Council are a set of **** (insert swearword of choice here)

I am fuming. Like many people who live in London we have a car but rarely use it. However I still have to pay hundreds of pounds a year for the privilage of parking my car near my house. So what normally happens is we only drive it when we go back up north to see friends and family and the car just sits on the road for long periods. Anyway, I have just got back from work to find a message left of my answer phone. My car was towed away of the 14th of July because they had suspended the parking bay there. Neither me nor my wife knew about this because we haven't walked past our car in a while. The man on the phone informed me that it will cost ?540 to get our car back and it has been costing us ?40 quid a day in storage. How can they leave it 8 days to tell us that they have taken our car? They have all our details because of the permit info in the fornt windscreen. here's the clever bit though, we cannot appeal the fine/charges until we pay to get it back! When we last parked the car there were no signs talking about the suspension, are they really expecting me to haver to check for such things ever day? How can any of this be fair?

assuming Camden Council refers to a collective of people and staff I'm having trouble filling in the 4 **** with conventional rude words.

is it nobs or bums ?

Comment

I think you should add a * and then you have a huge array of swearwords to choose from.

Comment

Don't stand for it - politely harass them via phone and email.
        You might not get your money back, but at least you'll make a gradual difference.

Comment

Well I have been down and handed over my ?540 quid as I am off on holiday tomorrow and need my car. They claim they sent a text message to my landline on the day the car was towed. I told them that I am on Virgin and my phone wont play BT text messages (which is true) and the bloke just shook his head and told me that the council didn't actually have to inform me that they had taken my car!

Comment

You're going to have to suck it up pal

Clampers get away with murder and if you try to fight
            Them it will be a long battle with most probably nothing in return

?540 is a piss take

Comment

I am ready to take the original ticket and towing fee, but the charge for the storage at the pound is what I want back.

Comment

A friend had his car clamped by some cowboy outfit a couple of weeks ago. He removed it himself in broad daylight. He had parked his car round the corner from his home and it got clamped. I'm guessing he sawed it, don't really know how he took it off. The clamp was in the back of the car when I saw him.

He did it because the notice they left looked really dodgy, asking for a lot of money. I told him I probably wouldn't have removed it myself if I was in his position in case it led to further trouble but fair play to him.

Comment

I just found this - https://forms.camden.gov.uk/cus/serv...77514&auth=211

Notification period
                  The minimum notice period required to suspend a parking space depends on the type of bay:

* Residents and shared use bays - 15 days
                  * Doctors/disabled/market trader/business/other bays - 7 days
                  * Pay-and-display and parking meter bays - 3 days

Can they prove that they (tried) to inform you at least 15 days prior to its suspension? If not it might be worth challenging in small claims.

Comment

The man at the pound said that they ony have to give 7 days notice, so I might have a chance there. Cheers for that.

Comment

Challenge them and demand a refund. Explain you gave them the money because you needed the car. Do not let go of it. Write polite, professional looking letters to them and at the end of each one, give them a time period (two weeks) of when you expect the issue to be resolved, because that is patently ridiculous and any rational person can see so.

I don't have experience with this because I don't drive, but I've managed to get bank fees and the like back by putting my foot down.

Comment

Working...
                      X