Compact Camera with GPS / Geo Tagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compact Camera with GPS / Geo Tagging

Has anyone used a compact camera with geotagging?

I want to pick up a new compact camera before I go on holidays, and really want one with geo tagging capability. There's two that are standing out to me at the moment:

Samsung ST1000
    Panasonic Lumix TZ10

Does anyone have experience of either? I think Sony do a geo tagging compact too? Are there any others worth considering?

I am reading that the GPS can sometimes be slow to get a lock on where you, as is always the case with the technology, but I did read that sometimes it can take up to 45 minutes!?? Thats pretty useless to me. Hopefully others have experienced better?

Thanks

I believe the little GPS things in cameras and somesuch can take a long long time to get a fix but once they have then it has to 100% lose the satellite to take that long again, I presume they stay in some kind of standby mode when not in use.

I record Geotagging data with my Iphone, it uses the same kind of chip but has the benefit of having assistance from the network cell tower data so it only takes a few minutes to get the initial lock.

Comment

Working...
    X