Premier League 2010/11 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premier League 2010/11 general thread

Probably best to have a neutral thread so that people supporting teams which wouldn't get enough activity for their thread can talk.

Also handy for general cross team talk that would be a bit too flame bait-y to put in a team thread.

Start off with predictions:

I can't really predict who'll win it this season, I would have to say (and hope) Chelsea will win it if pushed but if we won't get away with a run of bad form like we had last season. Man City could take second but won't win it.

I don't think Man U's signings on paper improve their squad over ours (whether or not we add the two brazillians to our squad). However form is going to be what matters for both Chelsea and Man U.

Champions League run will depend on who we get past the group stage.

Relegation? WBA and Wolves. Wolves is more hoping than predicting though. A team which basically didn't even try to win a game doesn't deserve to be in the top flight.
    Last edited by abigsmurf; 07-08-2011, 14:23.

Predictions wise I'm saying Chelsea to win the league, but to be honest that performance today is making me question my judgment.

Going down...Wolves, West Brom and Blackpool.

Think City will break into the top 4 and Spurs will fall out of it.

We might finish top 10, who knows.

Comment

Title: Man Utd or Chelsea, might as well flip a coin, it's 50/50.

Third: Arsenal. Not good enough to take the title, too good to drop out of the top four.

Fourth: Man City, Spurs or Liverpool. Heart says Spurs, head says Man City. I don't think Liverpool will be too bad this season and along with Spurs will be in the mix for at least fourth all the way to the end.

Surprise Euro qualifier: Birmingham City

Relegated: Wigan, West Brom, Blackpool (I see the sides trying to play football going down, unfortunately).

One advantage Spurs might have over Man City this season is that we have a settled squad that knows how to play together as a team, and maybe it'll take time for their individuals to gel. Also getting a full season out of Bale, Lennon and Modric would make us better than last season.

A couple of top, top ('Arry Redknapp TM) additions to the squad before the end of the window would be useful too.

I think if we stay in the top six (and have a decent push for the CL spots until late in the season) and get to the CL group stages and give a good account of ourselves, I'd class that as a good season. Good cup runs and anything more in the league and CL would be a lovely bonus.

Comment

Top 5

1. United
        2. Chelsea
        3. Arsenal
        4. City
        ----------
        5. Spurs

Bottom 3

18. Fulham
        19. West Brom
        20. Blackpool

I've got Liverpool to finish 9th if the transfer window closes with no more signings and the sale of Masherano goes through (with Poulsen coming in).
        Last edited by SharkSkin-Man; 09-08-2010, 11:33.

Comment

1. Man U
          2. Chelsea
          3. Arsenal
          4. Liverpool
          5. Man City
          6. Spurs

Relegated

Blackpool
          West Brom
          Wolves

Comment

1. Man U
            2. Spurs
            3. Liverpool
            4. Chelsea
            5. Arsenal
            6. Man C

Comment

Well I shocked to see Martin O'Neill go before the 1st game

Comment

Bet it's over the Millner transfer.

Comment

I know there have been small rumblings in the past that he was slightly unhappy about the amount he had to spend on transfers but this is still completely out of the blue.

I'd be gutted if I were a Villa fan. Steady progress and stability in the past few years under O'Neill, consistent top 6 and outside bets for CL places, but now, who knows what they're gonna end up with?

Comment

Could have been Mark Hughes if Oneil had gone sooner...would have been a good matchup. Dont think Fulham are a longterm destination for him.

Comment

If he's gone over money, he's a tool.

The reason they've got none to spend is because he's spent a FORTUNE on players in the past.

Comment

Wow, didn't expect O'Neil to go pre-season.

Who's there available at the moment?

Comment

Gary Megson!!!!

Comment

1. Man U
                            2. Chelsea
                            3. Arsenal
                            4. Man City
                            5. Liverpool
                            6. Spurs

Comment

i have been critical of O'Neil several times on here, a legend in his own ego who has achieved very little of note as a manager and seriously under performed at Villa who supported him with the money he always whined he wanted.

he can now slip back to a mediocre small side with less budget where he can snipe from the sidelines about how poor he is and can't complete.

your time is up mate, you got found out and quit before another poor season with a squad you assembled at huge cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X