Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want some perspective on where you fit in on the universe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want some perspective on where you fit in on the universe?

Found this over at assembler, really takes things in to perspective. So amazing & yet so mindblowing. Beautiful too.

space is big yo

Comment

The last panel could really use a comedy original Xbox Photoshop inclusion

Comment

Where does Dave Perry's head fit into all that?

Comment

Don't be stupid, Dave Perry's head would never fit in there.

Comment

Zoom from the edge of the universe to the quantum foam of spacetime!

Comment

Atticus you SMASHED it with that link!

Comment

Awesome stuff

Comment

so big!

Comment

I couldn't keep up with the scale of things beyond Antares. I just can't envision something of that size.

Comment

The bit at the end is immense.

"The universe is 14,000,000,000 years old. If something were more than 14,000,000,000 light years away it would take more than 14,000,000,00 years to reach us, which is more time than the universe has existed"

The powers of ten is also amazing
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUeFzvHz8Bw
                      Last edited by goldmouth; 13-08-2010, 16:41. Reason: wrong link

Comment

The Zulu tribe of Africa knew about the Sirius star in the first post. They called it the dog star and say it is where their ancient brother came from. Zulu means star people.

Both the pictures of the planets/stars and the scale atticus posted are amazing. I read about it from time to time but scale will always amaze me.

Plato, who was a secret follower of pythagoras hide a secret message using the greek musical scale of 12 in his writings. Every 12 paragraph Plato would refer to music and with this scholars will now be going through all his writings to find the hidden message which contains the secrets of the universe...apparently.

Also this ratio can be found in the smallest to the biggest things in the universe

There is much to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                          Where does Dave Perry's head fit into all that?
                          I thought that's where the Universe was. His head is big enough.

Comment

This sums it up (bit NSFW due to dodgy 80's animation in the middle)

Last edited by Spatial; 13-08-2010, 21:47.

Comment

lol, I studied that Golden section in school........... some interesting ish yo! Fibonacci sequence, all that ish!

But Importaku! That is some MAJOR mind blowing stuff! Jus think what lurks out there!?! We may never know! Well, not in this life time anyways

Comment

Working...
                              X