Ghost Recon: Island Thunder (xbox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder (xbox)

According to Game its out this friday . I thouroughly enjoyed the last ghost recon. My only gripe being the fact that it was tremendously difficult to get into a game with more than 8 players. So has anyone got this or will be getting it ? If you have the game then are 16 player deathmatches a reality?

btw did a quick search, but couldnt find a similar topic.

Its already out. I picked up a copy from Game in Croydon yesterday.

its blinking lovely.

Haven't come accross a 16 player game yet. The lag appears to have been fixed though. The new maps are very nice indeed.

Comment

Ok, I'm sold, I liked the first one on Live, so I think its time to don me cammo' gear again and get involved.

Will pick it up lunchtime and will be on tonight. If you fancy a game please send me a invite, gonna need somebody to hold my hand until I get to know the maps a bit.

TR

I reckon the Yank guys will have it well sussed for sniping as they have had it for a bit, so I ain't expecting to remain unscathed for long.

Comment

I'll try and get on tonight an' all, tag=superkully.

Comment

Had an hour or so on it last night. It appears that the maximum number of players online is 12. Did manage to get into a good 6 player match last night but have yet to see whether 12 players is a reality.

Comment

I played in a 12 player match this morning with no lag at all.

Comment

Picked this up today, gonna get to sniping in a bit.

Comment

OK, I officially suck more than the suckiest possible thing at this.

Besides that, though, I can't find the Friends option to see who else is online. Am I just missing it or something?

Comment

Ghost Recon has a **** interface unfortunately. You need to press start from any menu screen, go to online options, then friends list, then friends.

Comment

Anyone know if this is region free?

Comment

Yeh Im getting this on the weekend.

Came out here in Oz last week and its now only $40au brand new in some retailers... bargain.

Heard good reports from some US players, sure graphics still suck as does the interface but as long as the gameplay is good thats all that matters....

Comment

Nonny

If you liked the first 1, you will like this.

I got it Friday, but not had that much chance to play it yet. Had a couple of hours on a 4 v 4 team game, no lag at all. The standard was very high though, much use of the sensor's etc. Maybe I am a bit crap but I only managed to kill 4 people oh, and 2 team kills, eeek! Itchy trigger finger and all that, panicked a bit

Very enjoyable though, but then I liked the first one also.

TR

Comment

I've never played GR on the XBox, though I've played it single player on the PC. What's it like in multiplayer in this new version? Is it full of elitist arseholes who just laugh at you if you do something stupid and can snipe you from 10k away with their eyes shut? What are the game types like (I see there's a "defend a base" type, sounds like fun)? Is there any respawning in the modes other than deathmatch (which I assume you respawn in like in any other online FPS)?

Is it worth the ?20?

Comment

Well, I loved the first one and thought it was criminal when people started playing the newer fps games online. I will be getting this as soon as I have some spare cash as I found this type of game more rewarding than the other 'faster' fps games.

I just love the stealth aspect and games with only one respawn were the most intense I've ever had online.

How much is this game?

Do you need the first one, (or a game save), to play this?

Comment

You don't need the original Save to play this and it is ?19.99 from the High St. or ?14.99 online.

Has anyone been playing the single-player? I havn't had a chance yet, and wondered what the levels were like.

Comment

Working...
                              X