eTickets, anyone used them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eTickets, anyone used them?

I'm assuming people on here will have used them before for flights out of the UK, however I haven't, I'm flying to Canada tomorrow and have been sent an eticket by email as an attachment, I'm with hotmail and for some reason unable to look at and print individual attachments, I can see it as part of the email, so if I try to just print the email I just get the top of it without the attachment i want.

I'm quite worried about this, that I won't be able to print my ticket, or fly, what's the procedure with them, and can anyone tell me if i'm missing something?

Extra info - there's a link from the eticket to view my itinerary, and eticket receipt, i've been able to print both of them, but thats not the actual ticket.
    I didn't actually book any of the flights etc myself, it was booked for me.

I don't think they'll need the actual ticket, just your passport - they'll know who is flying with them.

That said, for comfort I'm sure you'd rather print it off. I'm sure you can set up an email client to use hotmail, a quick google came up with this http://www.ghacks.net/2009/03/14/hot...configuration/ though there's presumably something more useful on the hotmail site.

Comment

They almost always need to see the credit card you used for payment - no card, no fly.

Comment

Can't you save the attachment to your PC desktop and print it off using Word or something similar?

Saying that, I turned up at the airport for my recent trip to Las Vegas and only had my passport and Virgin knew what was what so there's no need to panic.

Is this for your Bioware visit? I'm still waiting to hear about my trip to Boston to see the Harmonix guys. Sooo excited!!!!

Comment

Yea it's for the Bioware trip, I'm all sorted and ready apart from this. I waited a while from finding out I was going to actually hearing any details as well

Anyway, I can't actually select the attachment individually, just look at it within my email........
          and as I'm writing this reply I've got an email back from the lady organising the trip, she's going to print a copy off herself and give it to the person I'm meeting at the airport, so panic over from the looks of it, although I won't be at ease until I have that ticket in my hand, I worry, it's what I do!

Just need to check in online now then, apparantly I can do that anytime within 24 hours of my flight leaving

Comment

print screen and copy it in to publisher/notepad? shouldnt be a problem though

Comment

Yea I'm sure it'll be fine, just not having a physical ticket leaves me with a nervous feeling at the pit of my stomach.

Suppose I best start packing anyway.

Kev.

Comment

You'll be fine... as noted you'll either just need your passport and the carrier already know what flight you'll be on via their computer system when they swipe it, or your credit card that you paid for it with.
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I think it'll be fine now, as I mentioned the bloke I'm meeting at the airport is supposed to have a copy of it for me. I logged on to the air canada website to check in and they've sent me my boarding pass, which is a fancy barcode they've sent to my phone that i can just scan in when i get there, i gotta say, technology used in this way still astounds me.

Comment

i've never printed them out - there is a machine at the checkin desk that you can print them from.

Comment

everything went fine, the bloke i met at the airport had a copy for me and we went straight through, had a great time so far, visited bioware yesterday and met some of the guys who worked on dragon age, sadly they couldn't or wouldn't say anything about ME3, although we did pass a coridoor with a load of info about it that we weren't supposed to see, our tour guide had to check our cameras and remove anything mass effect related, i'm under nda so can't say what little i did see. went to see a football game too, its never interested me before and i thought i'd be bored but it was really good, the highlight of my day though was going to the firing range and unloading a HK5 submachine gun and 10 rounds from a desert eagle, that was brutal and amazing! going back to the bioware tour though, really enjoyed that and it gave me a nice insight into how some games come about and the sheer amount of thought and work that goes into each one, it's given me a new respect for the amount of development time a game goes through

Comment

Working...
                      X