Anyone big into James Bond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone big into James Bond?

I need to find out some stuff to do with soundtracks. It's a piece of incidental music that seems to be used lots, but I don't know its title.
    Appreciate any fan style help.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 12-09-2010, 20:14.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

The only music I can think of that's used regularly is Monty Norman's theme. Which films was the music you're thinking of used in?

Comment

Didn't John Barry do most of the music?

Comment

Barry did half of the Bond films I think, last one was The Living Daylights.

Comment

Can you give us a bit more info to work on, J0e as there's quite a few Bond films to pick from! Is the piece upbeat or slow, dramatic or soothing? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the song you're thinking of is 'You Only Live Twice'.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 13-09-2010, 19:39.

Comment

Well, I don't have any movies to hand, but I'll try and type hum it for you.
            It goes something like:
            Duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh, duuuuuh duh!
            Lol, it's kinda hard to explain without actually having a movie to hand, but that's the exact tune it follows if you "Duh" to it. I'll try to get a movie it's in and note it's time in the meantime.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The Connery films from 'From Russia with Love' to 'You Only Live Twice' share a fair bit of incidental music. The later films less so. Which era Bond is it from?

Comment

Actually, I just belled the old man and he says it's in the underwater fight scene in Thunderball. Hopefully that'll help.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Track 17 is what you seek I suspect...

Comment

I actually think I get it from Joe's DUHs - it's trumpets and strings right? Playing one note repeatedly and the big DUUUH descends into a different note? The amazon preview is too short ><

Comment

My bad thought it was a longer preview!

Try this one then:

Comment

Working...
                      X