• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOBaWT: The Official Bored at Work Thread

What is boring you right now?

I don't think I can last out the day.

Everything!!!

No work at all... the import industry is dead as a dodo at the moment, been bored since 9.30 this morning...there's only so much interweb you can browse without spending money

Comment

5 hours to go for me yet

Comment

I'd be as well to move in to this thread, curl up in a ball in the corner, and rock backwards and forwards with a vacant look in my eyes. It's been very quiet recently.

And I completely understand the "how much can you browse without spending money" thing. And the answer is, not much.

Comment

I lasted 2 hours then bought a Blu-ray

Comment

Thats what I used to do, random retail therapy to get me through the day.

Last couple weeks I was doing some agency work, IT place, and had no computer designated, no internet access, was literally staring at a blank screen. Then on day 4 someone logged into the PC and I played with windows 7 for a few hours, one of the slide puzzle gadgets. Any time someone had to change a printer toner I'd say 'I'll come with you' just to stifle the boredom.

Eventually I found out the proxy address and just had sneaky looks on wikipedia to pass the time, but before that I was literally colouring pieces of paper green and just twiddling my thumbs. Not bad for £10 an hour, but holy crap it was boring.

Comment

Here, failblog, ukr, theregister, moredirt, consolearcade.
              And then I'm done. Not really much out there on the internet of interest. Oh and facebook takes about 10 seconds to see there's nothing on it again. Someone's update today was "hubby is twittering in my ear" - yeah probably telling to get off facebook and pay him some attention.
              Luckily I shouldn't really be in this thread, because work is pretty insane at the moment.

Comment

Very Demotivational wastes hours of my time, it is a god send.

So hard not to spend money.

Have to leave now to risk jumping out of the window.

Once I have worked out how to attach pictures I will spend time reproducing Demotivational here.

Comment

Due to a project launch I've been here at 3am now twice this week. I am less bored, more zombified

Comment

You can just assume I'm always in this thread in spirit.

Comment

I am no longer bored at work because I've turned up to the office today to find that, without the slightest trace of irony, someone has purchased two framed motivational posters telling me about Strength and Perseverance, complete with images of a herd of elephants silhouetted against the sun and a rainbow over a waterfall.

I'm certainly feeling motivated now (to go on the Internet and find some of my own).

Comment

I'm not bored.

Working from home today, so on the laptop in front of the TV, just about to stick on a movie.

Have a ton of stuff to do today as it's my last day before going on holiday to Florida for 3 weeks. If only every Thursday was this interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                          I'm not bored.

Working from home today, so on the laptop in front of the TV, just about to stick on a movie.

Have a ton of stuff to do today as it's my last day before going on holiday to Florida for 3 weeks. If only every Thursday was this interesting!
                          Lucky man, wish I could work from home.

Back at work now & the boredom isn't too bad this morning...got a few invoices to pass & raise & a couple of entries to sort out so think I'll be good for an hour or 2, after that though who knows

Neil

Comment

Im at the end of some arse adsl network my connection is in the realms of 56k low which is retarded for an IT environment....still i get to kill time watching the bar on youtube videos load up for 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                              I am no longer bored at work because I've turned up to the office today to find that, without the slightest trace of irony, someone has purchased two framed motivational posters telling me about Strength and Perseverance, complete with images of a herd of elephants silhouetted against the sun and a rainbow over a waterfall.

I'm certainly feeling motivated now (to go on the Internet and find some of my own).
                              Motivational posters don't work. But our legendary demotivational posters don't work even BETTER! Browse our famed Demotivators® line and see for yourself!

Comment

Working...
                              X