Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DHL and Interparcel CATASTROPHE! - I need advice

DHL REPLACE AND MIX UP POSTAGE LABELS FOR CATASTROPHIC RESULTS

So I sold a games machine to Shozuki on here and, living in France, used Interparcel to arrange delivery via DHL (since DHL don't work directly with the public).

After a day's delay in picking it up, they finally come by on the Tuesday to pick it up, along with a package I;ms ending to my brother.

I make sure the correct labels are on the bxoes, and the DHL guy in France puts the correct labels on because we both double check them, but at the DHL depot in the UK a 3rd label was placed on the boxes, except the 2 were mixed up. Meaning Shozuki got my brother's package for Uni, and my bro got his games machine.

This was a direct result of DHL's incompetence when applying the 3rd label at their depot, because according to my brother, there's now 3 labels on the box. The original 2 for Shoz, applied by me and the DHL pick up guy, and a 3rd one with his address which was applied later.

I phoned Interparcel this morning and they asked for me to email them scans of the receipts. I do so immediately. I phone again to confirm, they say they've got them. They close at 5, so at around 3pm I call again and they say they never received them. So I shout at the woman on the phone, email them through again, and am told they've now been sent to DHL.

But Interpacel close soon, and don't work over the weekend. Meaning this will only be resolved next week - which is a bit late, since my bro needed his package soonish.

Any advice? Because right now the quickest option I can think of is wiring a big wad of money to each party and getting them to repost the boxes via Royal Mail (if they agree to such a hassle). At the price this has cost me so far in international phone bills from France to the UK, I'd have been better off posting from here rather than using a courier.

How bloody stupid can DHL's staff be, to not bother checking the ID numbers on the pick-up guy's labels, and then end up mixing up their own labels?! Stupid or blind is the only answer I can think of.

This fiasco has ruined my weekend.
    Last edited by Sketcz; 02-10-2010, 07:51.

Hey man, the weekend hasn't happened yet. There's still time for it to be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Hey man, the weekend hasn't happened yet. There's still time for it to be awesome.
      The chances of me finding a fuelled and waiting B52 with co-ordinates for DHL's head office are slim, but I'll wait with hope.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        That's so incredibly 'upbeat' I actually lol'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
          DHL REPLACE AND MIX UP POSTAGE LABELS FOR CATASTROPHIC RESULTS

So I sold a games machine to Shozuki on here and, living in France, used Interparcel to arrange delivery via DHL (since DHL don't work directly with the public).

After a day's delay in picking it up, they finally come by on the Tuesday to pick it up, along with a package I;ms ending to my brother.

I make sure the correct labels are on the bxoes, and the DHL guy in France puts the correct labels on because we both double check them, but at the DHL depot in the UK a 3rd label was placed on the boxes, except the 2 were mixed up. Meaning Shozuki got my brother's package for Uni, and my bro got his games machine.

This was a direct result of DHL's incompetence when applying the 3rd label at their depot, because according to my brother, there's now 3 labels on the box. The original 2 for Shoz, applied by me and the DHL pick up guy, and a 3rd one with his address which was applied later.

I phoned Interparcel this morning and they asked for me to email them scans of the receipts. I do so immediately. I phone again to confirm, they say they've got them. They close at 5, so at around 3pm I call again and they say they never received them. So I shout at the woman on the phone, email them through again, and am told they've now been sent to DHL.

But Interpacel close soon, and don't work over the weekend. Meaning this will only be resolved next week - which is a bit late, since my bro needed his package soonish.

Any advice? Because right now the quickest option I can think of is wiring a big wad of money to each party and getting them to repost the boxes via Royal Mail (if they agree to such a hassle). At the price this has cost me so far in international phone bills from France to the UK, I'd have been better off posting from here rather than using a courier.

How bloody stupid can DHL's staff be, to not bother checking the ID numbers on the pick-up guy's labels, and then end up mixing up their own labels?! Stupid or blind is the only answer I can think of.

This fiasco has ruined my weekend.
          Yeah this fiasco is annoying for you man, especially having to fork out the additional money for the re-delivery - thats attrocious!!

I do hope you get it back!

Comment

They didn't actually say I'd have to pay for re-delivery, but I was assuming they'd take so long to sort it (a few weeks), that for sake of time I'd have to pay for my brother to travel and exchange in person.

To my utter astonishment DHL have seemingly managed to sort it today. So thankfully no need to pay extra sorting it myself.

Great news - now I can get some sleep. I was also told DHL had collected your package Shozuki, so you should have it tomorrow probably.

Comment

Working...
            X