Conspiracy Theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conspiracy Theories

I can't say I believe in any, because they are mostly so out there and hilarious that it makes it difficult.

Take this one for example: http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=58

While I agree the bizarre artwork and all the stuff there is damn weird for an airport, the swastika layout of the runways? Oh come on really.

What are your favourite wackjob theories?

edit: oh god the narrator has just mentioned 2012 - LOL

Traffic lights at city crossings are on timers so the button to get them to change only turns on the Wait light but doesn't actually effect the traffic lights. You are basically activating a device that will keep you sedate and prevent you from rushing out into the road causing an accident. Control man, control.

Comment

I Love conspiracy theories...believe most of them too, though not sure about the traffic crossing one

Comment

That airports still a bit creepy though innit.

Man never went to the moon!!

Comment

Traffic crossing one is only true for crossings that are constantly busy (ie an extreme minority of them). Forcing cars to wait for no reason increases congestion and frustration.

Only conspiricy I really believe is that Flight 93 was shot down. A fighter jet was scrambled (allegedly never got within missle range from the records released) , an explosion was heard on the plane, took a long time for black box info to be released, wide debris field suggested it had broken up partially before impact.

Most of all the "Passengers on 93 were heros... HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HEROS WHO DIED BEING HEROS" thing just sets alarm bells ringing. When the government trundles out the "disrespecting heros" type stuff, it's almost always because they don't want people to talk about something or delve deeper.

For example when our troops left intense regions of Iraq, the government was all "this was not a retreat, we chose to leave, any talk of this being a retreat is disrespectful to the soldier's sacrifice". A week or so ago, the BBC interviewed US and UK officers, they pretty much all thought it was a retreat.

Comment

My fave conspiracy theory is that an unseen magician created the universe, somehow impregnated a woman without sex and then had a son who went around performing impossible tricks, including recovering from death. Even more wacky is that there are global organisations dedicated to promoting this view and which use the fear that there might be nothing after death to control the minds of their adherents. Bizarre, eh?

I can't think of any off the top of my head that I believe, but I can't wait for 2013 to roll around and for the explanations folk will come up with as to why it turns out the ancients hadn't actually predicted the end of the world in 2012.
            Last edited by endo; 06-10-2010, 19:03.

Comment

The 9/11 ones. Some of the little scrotes on web forums analyse pictures of people falling out the buildings and claim that "Real people don't fall like that, it's clearly a mannekin" [sic].

Perhaps they can volunteer to jump out of a tall building so we can analyse the exact flailing of their limbs as evidence for their crackpot theories.

Comment

I quite enjoy conspiracy theories. I find a few bring up some very good questions but I don't know if I ever find myself buying the proposed answers.

Like, yeah, I think it's important to try to find out what really happened to Julius Caesar but am I really expected to believe that Cassius, Casca and Brutus, who were so close to Caesar, were able to plot with a whole bunch of others without him knowing? Really? Bit of a stretch.

Comment

Loads of conspiracy theories have turned out to be true, like the Dreyfus Affair, MK ULTRA and Iran-Contra. There's an interesting case to be made for the official versions of the Robert Kennedy and Luther King assassinations to be suspect. On JFK himself, the US Congress concluded in the late 70s after a long investigation that his assassination possibly involved a second gunman, although that is a minefield of arguments.

Some of the conspiracies I've enjoyed reading about, for entertainment:

The October Surprise - iirc it's about the Republicans arranging with Iran to delay the release of hostages after the US election, so the likely Rep winner would get the credit.

Danny Casolaro and the Octopus - a journalist who uncovered a vast network of international crime operating in multiple levels of government, who was found in a bloody bathtub, having committed suicide.

Shakespeare - didn't write his works...

Dulce Underground base.

There's also a decent literature and archival record available looking at vast numbers of immense underground bases built under the US mainland, connected by a subterranean train network.
                  Last edited by prinnysquad; 06-10-2010, 19:10.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                    My fave conspiracy theory is that an unseen magician created the universe, somehow impregnated a woman without sex and then had a son who went around performing impossible tricks, including recovering from death. Even more wacky is that there are global organisations dedicated to promoting this view and which use the fear that there might be nothing after death to control the minds of their adherents. Bizarre, eh?

very good - only man could really make up a story like that!

Comment

Comment

I heard some people once say that everything everywhere all existed in the same, 0 dimentional space then, for no reason it blew up by itself and created width, length, height, time and a cool ride at Chessington World of adventures when there was nothing and nobody around to cause it.

Then, all by itself various forces just happened to pop into existance that allowed it to be possible for life to form all by itself and somehow this life gained consiousness.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                          I can't say I believe in any, because they are mostly so out there and hilarious that it makes it difficult.

Take this one for example: http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=58

While I agree the bizarre artwork and all the stuff there is damn weird for an airport, the swastika layout of the runways? Oh come on really.

What are your favourite wackjob theories?

edit: oh god the narrator has just mentioned 2012 - LOL

wtf! what on earth are all those paintings?? freaked me out, not because of the theories but because some crazy man has painted them and some even crazier man has put them up in an airport? uh huh?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                            MK ULTRA
                            After reading about that when i first got the internet, I used to have nightmares for months. Aww man, that is some scary ****.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzling_bubble View Post
                              wtf! what on earth are all those paintings?? freaked me out, not because of the theories but because some crazy man has painted them and some even crazier man has put them up in an airport? uh huh?
                              Those paintings kinda reminded me of a few Marillion albums I have .
                              As for that swastika runway theory - what a load of old jizz!
                              Womens voice on that vid was also highly annoying, like a female Steven Hawkin.

Comment

Working...
                              X